Jobs in Gastonia, NC
- 755,838 Resumes
- 2,950 Jobs Available
- 73,698 Population
- $63,000 Average Salary
Gastonia, North Carolina, is the county seat of Gaston County and the county’s largest city. The city is in the Charlotte area, which is known for being home to two major financial institutions - BankAmerica and Wachovia. If you are looking for jobs in Gastonia, North Carolina, you’ll be most interested in job prospects and average salaries. Learn more about these topics as we discuss the job market in this city.
The unemployment rate in Gastonia is around 5.7%, a bit higher than the national average of 5.3%, but it has seen a decrease from 5.8% in the last year. In addition, the city has seen about a 10% increase in jobs in the mining, logging and construction industry in the last year. The top industries in the area have all seen an increase in employment, which is a good trend for those seeking jobs in Gastonia, North Carolina. The top industries include trade, transportation and utilities, professional and business services, government, leisure and hospitality, and education and health services. When you are looking for jobs in Gastonia, North Carolina, it also helps to know the mean weekly wage in Gastonia is around $700 - $799 with the national mean weekly wage being around $1,048.
Anywhere you are job hunting, you are going to find out a solid resume is a must. Before you start looking for jobs in Gastonia, North Carolina, make sure your resume is polished by following these tips.
1. Use the name you are known by. If you go by your middle name, then use that on your resume. The exception here is nicknames. Avoid using any nicknames that aren’t professional.
2. Avoid the objective statement. These are considered worn out, and many employers won’t even read them. In today’s job market, you want to use something more specific and focused, like a summary, to start your resume.
3. Make sure the organization of your resume makes an impact. Ideally, you want to organize your resume so that it highlights the most important points about you at the beginning.
4. Emphasize your transferable skills. These are skills that can be used in almost any job or industry. This is especially important if you are changing careers.
5. Don’t include references on your resume. These will be asked for if the employer wants them.
Your search for jobs in Gastonia, North Carolina can be much smoother if you keep a few tips in mind. Here are five things to do when you are job hunting.
1. Don’t be afraid to get help with your search. You should take advantage of all the different tools and people that are there to help you, like job fairs and career counselors.
2. Explore your options. Think about how your skills may be transferable and look outside the industries you may have worked for in the past. Consider expanding into other related areas.
3. Keep a positive attitude. It can get tiring trying to find a job and coming up short, but if you stay positive, it will make things much easier and help keep stress at bay.
4. Plan your job search. If you set a plan for what you need to do, it will be much easier to stay on track. You want to create a schedule and stick to it.
5. Network with as many people as you can. There are many jobs that are never advertised, but if you network with the right people, you might learn about them. Many opportunities are also found through other people, so make sure to check in with as many people as possible to let them know you are job hunting.