Jobs in Gaines Charter Township, MI
- 90,441 Resumes
- 2,673 Jobs Available
- 26,151 Population
- $58,000 Average Salary
Located just 13 miles south of downtown Grand Rapids, Gaines Charter Township residents benefit from the lifestyle of smaller city living with the access to opportunities typically available in a large metropolis. The population of the community was listed as 25,146 in the 2010 Census. Learn more about the state of the local economy and opportunities for jobs in Gaines Charter Township.
Gaines Charter Township, part of Kent County, is in an area with a growing and healthy economy as evidenced by the low unemployment rate. Much lower than the national rate, the Grand Rapids numbers decreased from 3.7percent to 2.8 percent from the end of 2014 to the end of 2015. The national unemployment rate is 5.3 percent. Manufacturing jobs represent the largest area of employment, followed by trade, transportation and utilities. The largest occupational areas listed by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics are office and administrative support. Jobs in production are more than double the national average, employing 13.3 percent of the total workforce, compared to the average national rate of 6.6 percent. The area does run a little lower on weekly wages than the United States as whole, with workers bringing in an average of $836 per week, as opposed to $1,048.
The importance of having a highly polished resume cannot be understated. It represents your unique “calling card” and needs to showcase your knowledge, skills and abilities well. Follow these tips to take the next step in your career and help you to find jobs in Gaines Charter Township.
1. Add a keyword section that is relevant for the types of jobs that you are applying for. This provides sharp focus and catches the attention of even the most discerning hiring managers.
2. Proofread your resume with a ruthless eye. Word processing programs are by no means thorough and you need to check for any misspellings or grammar errors.
3. It is no longer considered favorable to include an objective statement on your resume. Potential employers often do not read it, and these sections have typically been vague and not very helpful.
4. Put experience before education on your resume unless you are a recent college graduate. You can typically put education second after about 12-18 months after graduation.
5. If you have no paid experience, use all related internships, volunteer work you have performed, certifications and campus activity positions. This will help in your search for jobs in Gaines Charter Township.
Finding jobs in Gaines Charter Township can be made easier with a positive attitude and a polished set of job-seeking skills. Follow these recommendations to make your search more productive and efficient in acquiring a new job.
1. Always be prepared for your interviews by bringing important items such as notebooks and pens, extra copies of your resume, letters of recommendation and/or references, and copies of licenses and transcripts.
2. Network constantly. For a more efficient search for jobs in Gaines Charter Township, utilize both online and in person events to get your name out there and showcase your best assets for the most job leads.
3. Thank you notes are not only polite but are an effective strategy in your job search. It will give the interviewer or other person who has helped you in your search a positive impression, providing one more chance to sell your qualifications.
4. Research current salary ranges for positions that you are applying for. This not only gives you an appropriate expectation, but can also help you from committing costly errors when negotiating your salary.
5. Practice your interview techniques to make you the most confident and comfortable. From proper eye contact to body language and listening skills, hiring managers are not only paying attention to your verbal responses, but also your nonverbal communication.