Jobs in Friendswood, TX
- 270,314 Resumes
- 13,629 Jobs Available
- 38,248 Population
- $67,000 Average Salary
A warm and delightful area outside right outside of Houston, Friendswood is a town which offers residents a wonderful mix between the peace of the outdoors and the countless conveniences and business opportunities of nearby cities. This city offers unending opportunities for fun, regardless of age or interest. However, before settling down and searching for jobs in Friendswood, TX, those who are interested in obtaining employment should first take a look at the local job market, possible job prospects and average salaries in the area.
According to data taken from comparable areas surrounding Friendswood, the area has plenty of jobs available, many of which are rather well-paying. In October 2015, surrounding areas were found to have an unemployment rate of 4.9 percent, which is considerably lower than the national average of 5.3 percent. At $1,172, this same area was found to have a somewhat higher weekly rate of pay than the national average of $1,048. The industries in the area responsible for supplying the most employment opportunities to residents are the trade, transportation and utilities, professional and business services, government, education and health services (which increased by 4.2 percent in 2015) and leisure and hospitality (which increased by 6.7 percent over the past year) industries. Among these categories, the jobs in Friendswood, TX which claim the largest part of the work force are retail salespersons, office clerks, food preparation workers and cashiers, emphasizing a service-based area.
Having an excellent resume can make all the difference between a successful job hunt and a futile one. Regardless of the specifics of a job hunt, previous experience or the company being applied to, there are certain things which all employers look for when reviewing an applicant’s resume. When building your resume, be sure to keep the following tips in mind.
1. Provide past employment information that is complete and relevant. Including irrelevant experience wastes valuable space.
2. When it comes to education vs. experience, list the most relevant aspects first.
3. List all education and experiences in reverse chronological order. This brings the most recent and relevant information to the top of the page so it can be seen first.
4. Use a neat, professional font. A simple resume is best, with a font which is east to understand.
5. A resume should not exceed two pages. In fact, a single page is preferable, though applicants with more experience may extend it to an extra sheet.
In the current economy, finding a job can be a bit difficult for anyone. However, by keeping a few things in mind, anyone can help to ease the burden of the hunt when looking for jobs in Friendswood, TX.
1. Be persistent when looking for employment opportunities.
2. Try to ensure immediate financial stability while looking for jobs. This will keep some of the stress of finding a new position at bay.
3. Follow up any and all leads from all potential employers. In a limited market, failing to follow through on a single opportunity can result in disappointment.
4. Create a strong online presence on social networking sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn, popular sites which employers now frequent when looking for help. As many as 45% of employers currently pull new hires from these or other social media websites.
5. Utilize both real life and online contacts to catch wind of open job opportunities as well as spread word of your work reputation and skillset. Getting the word out there can often work wonders.