Jobs in Fridley, MN
- 51,545 Resumes
- 18,715 Jobs Available
- 27,670 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Fridley, Minnesota, was incorporated as a village in 1949 and became a city in 1957. It is part of the Twin Cities area, and is connected to Minneapolis by the Northstar Commuter Rail line. Major employers in the area include Medtronic, an Ireland based company, and Cummins. If you want to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to finding jobs in Fridley, you will want to check out this information on the salaries, job trends and unemployment rates in the area.
Anoka County, where Fridley is located, enjoys a much lower unemployment rate than the national rate of 5.3 percent. It was 3.2 percent twelve months ago, and is now at 2.8 percent. Trade, transportation, and utilities jobs in Fridley make up the largest sector. Behind that, education and health services is almost tied with professional and business services. There are more retail salespersons here than any other kind of worker. Personal care aides make up the second largest group of workers. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area as a whole exceeds the US weekly average wage by a small amount, with workers bringing in an average of $1,064 per week as opposed to $1,048 a week across the nation.
Having a strong resume pays off. It will give you a good reason to walk into any potential jobs in Fridley with confidence. These expert resume writing strategies have been compiled here in a brief list for your benefit.
1. Focus on skills and experience that reflect what you want to be doing. All the information on your resume should be relevant to the job you are applying for.
2. You can’t rely on autocorrect to catch all the grammatical errors. Review your resume yourself, and even better, have someone else read through it as well.
3. If you have included school programs, list the graduation dates or dates of expected graduation.
4. Organizations and volunteer work can be great things to share on a resume, especially if you held a position of responsibility or leadership.
5. You do not have to include references in your resume, nor should you state “references available upon request. ” A potential employer will notify you if they want to see your references.
If you’re looking for jobs in Fridley, keep at it and make the process easier for yourself by seeking the advice of experts. We have gathered here some of the best advice given by experts on the process of looking for jobs.
1. Check online job banks for an extensive list of the positions being hired in your area. Newspaper classified ads also contain job postings.
2. Gather information not just on what companies are hiring, but on the companies themselves. If you are particularly interested in a company, set up an informational interview to find out more.
3. Your local American Job Center is a place where you can find workshops on resume and cover letter writing.
4. Getting a good idea of your strengths and how you want to apply them is very helpful in finding the best job fit. If you are not sure about these things, try taking assessments to reveal your strengths and interests.
5. Make sure your resume is up to date and in the best possible format. The tips below will give you more details on making a good resume.