Jobs in Freehold Township, NJ
- 18,438 Jobs Available
- 35,812 Population
- $63,000 Average Salary
Freehold Township, New Jersey is centrally located in the state and is a major commercial and industrial center. Over the years, the city has drawn major manufacturers including medical corporations, food companies and even the second-largest mall in the state. In spite of the area’s commercial successes, getting the best jobs in Freehold Township can be much easier if you study Freehold Township’s local job market, average salaries and job prospects.
Freehold Township is located near Mercer County, which has shown a promising decrease in unemployment from 5.3 percent in 2014 to 4.4 percent in 2015. This decrease has brought the unemployment levels to below the national unemployment average of 5.3 percent. Government, education and health services, professional and business services, trade, transportation and utilities and financial activities are the top five employers in the area according to the 2015 U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data. Professional and business services showed an 8.9 percent increase in employment between 2014 and 2015. The top three most prevalent jobs in the area are office and administrative support occupations, business and financial operations occupations and sales and related occupations. The average weekly wage for jobs in Freehold Township is $1,521 and is lower than the national average of $1,046.
A high quality resume will be one of the greatest assets in your job search. Hiring managers will review a well-written resume and truly understand the qualifications of a candidate. Regardless of your experience, career goals and industry, improving your resume will greatly increase your chances of finding great jobs in Freehold Township. The following five points provide some guidance on how to improve your resume.
1. Make every part of your resume sharp and focused. Remember that many hiring managers might only have a minute to review your resume. Make sure that if they only read one section of your resume, that it helps tell the story that you are the best candidate for the job.
2. Consider including a “Summary of Qualifications” section in your resume. This section becomes a quick reference to your overall strengths as a candidate.
3. Avoid using personal pronouns in your resume.
4. List your job accomplishments in order of importance. You want to prioritize what employers read and remember about you.
5. Avoid including the phrase “References Upon Request. ” This statement is obvious and takes up valuable space on your resume.
No matter where you live in the United States, finding a job can be easier if you plan carefully your job search. The following five tips will help you to strategize a successful search for jobs in Freehold Township.
1. Be persistent throughout your job search. Hiring managers are looking for candidates that are committed and determined. Even though it is easy to get discouraged during a long job search, recognize that your attitude will greatly influence your success.
2. Focus on increasing your face-to-face network. In the Internet world, it can be easy to overestimate the strength of online connections. Take time to talk with those around you about your skills and your desires to find a great job. Attend job fairs and open houses at locations in which you are interested in working.
3. Practice answering interview questions before the interview. Look up some of the tough questions that you can get during an interview and practice your response. You will find that you can organize your thoughts and improve the effectiveness of your communication by practicing out loud.
4. Remember that a job search is a marathon. Be prepared for a long job search that will improve your character and make you stretch.
5. Sell yourself as the best candidate for the job. Employers want to see that you are going to increase the output of the organization while maintaining a high quality standard.