Jobs in Franklin Township, NJ
- 79,488 Resumes
- 1,569 Jobs Available
- 65,938 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
Franklin Township is located in Somerset County, New Jersey. It began as a farming community, but is now a quickly-developing suburb of New York City. While this information is great to know, if you’re looking for jobs in Franklin Township, you really need to know more about the job market. Use this preliminary introduction to the job market, salary information and career advice for your job search.
The overall job market in Somerset County is bright. The unemployment rate of this county, 4.8 percent, is lower than the national average, 5.3 percent. There are a lot of high performing industries, including construction, education and health services, leisure and hospitality, financial activities and professional and business services. Of these top five industries, education and health services employs the largest amount of people. The largest occupation in Somerset County is retail salesperson by a large margin. The average weekly salary in Franklin Township is significantly higher than that of the United States as a whole. The average weekly wages are $1,601 and $1,048 respectively.
As you seek jobs in Franklin Township, you will come to realize that your resume is one of your most critical tools. Use these tips to create a functional document:
1. Use bullet points, the table tool, paragraphs, headers and bold emphasis as you format your resume to make certain sections stand out and to make other sections highly readable.
2. Briefly summarize your expertise, personality traits and job experience to set the stage for the rest of the document.
3. Discuss your previous experience in terms of accomplishments rather than daily duties to make this section more than a job posting.
4. Always think about the potential employer as you order your information and choose what information you want to include in the resume.
5. Revamp your resume for each specific job that you apply for, that way you can be sure everything is applicable to the job at hand.
Finding jobs in Franklin Township and anywhere else can be really difficult. You can make it easier by making the right choices and following these tips:
1. Do some research before you start looking. This research should help you figure out what sort of jobs you want to apply for, how you should go about applying and where you can look for job postings.
2. Look in the industry that interests you. No matter what your experience is in, if you want to switch career fields you have to look in the industry that interests you most. Once you know where you want to look, you can look online, in newspapers and at job fairs.
3. Use your social media. You can’t just send in a resume and hope that you get it. Instead, you have to be proactive throughout the job search. One way you can do this is by using your social media to promote yourself professionally. This means you should include a short description about your skills and share articles related to your area of expertise.
4. Do research before the interview. Before you meet with a potential employer, you should research the company and the position that you are trying to get. This research will help you make connections with the hiring manager, and it can prove that you are really interested in getting the job.
5. Keep your search positive. Finally, you have to try to keep everything related to your job search positive. That means you shouldn’t bad mouth past employers, post inappropriate pictures on Facebook or otherwise let in a gloomy attitude.