Jobs in Fountain Valley, CA
- 755,838 Resumes
- 4,623 Jobs Available
- 57,010 Population
- $59,000 Average Salary
Positioned in Orange County, Fountain Valley is a traditional middle-class bedroom community with a population of 55,313 according to the 2010 census. The city is home to a number of corporate headquarters including Hyundai Motor America, D-Link, Kingston Technology, and surefire. There are a number of other corporate offices in the city, and many individuals commute to nearby urban centers throughout Orange and Los Angeles Counties. To start your job search get a glimpse of salary ranges and job opportunities as you begin to tackle the economic outlook for jobs in Fountain Valley.
Orange County, which includes Fountain Valley and a number of other cities, has experienced substantial economic growth. Between 2014 and 2015, the unemployment rate dropped from 5.2 percent to 4.3 percent, which is significantly lower than the national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. The trade, transportation and utilities sector includes the largest number of job openings followed by education and health services, professional and business services and leisure and hospitality. However, construction has seen the greatest percentage of growth between 2014 and 2015. Retail salesperson is the most popular occupation followed by office clerks. The average weekly wage in the area is $1,221 compared to the national average of $1,048.
When looking for jobs in Fountain Valley, your resume is integral to your success. Get your resume in tip-top shape with these easy do’s and don’ts.
1. Do dismiss the one page resume rule. If you have relevant and important experience or accomplishments that go beyond the first page, go ahead and include them.
2. Don’t go over two pages. While you want to make sure to include important items, you don’t want it to go on too long. Hiring managers need to get through your document quickly.
3. Don’t include outdated experience. Only include experience from the last ten years that include skills that are relevant to your current position. Employers only care about what you have done most recently.
4. Do highlight your accomplishments. You also want to make sure that you demonstrate how your experiences differ from other applicants. By highlighting specific and quantifiable accomplishments or awards, you demonstrate your outstanding abilities.
5. Don’t over exaggerate. While you want to stand out, you don’t every want to fudge the truth and lie on your resume.
To find jobs in Fountain Valley you will need an optimal blend of the right mindset and strong job-seeking skills. These tips can help you find success in your job search.
1. Understand your options. It might be tempting to stick with what you know, but understanding all of your options will help you find the job that’s right for you. You can choose between switching careers or staying on the same path. You do have choices. Take advantage of them.
2. Make a plan. The job-hunting process is hard, and you will need a clear and distinct plan to keep you on track. It can be easy to get distracted or lazy, and a plan will help you stay on task and organize prospects.
3. Be imaginative. While a plan is important, you also want to approach the process creatively. Look in new and different places or consider new career paths that work with your skills and interests. Expand your horizons a little.
4. Stay on top of opportunities. Follow up with positions and companies until you receive a definitive response of yes or no. Frequently resumes will be set-aside for some time. By contacting companies, you continue to be relevant and demonstrate your determination, which could ultimately help you score the job.
5. Stand out online. Use your social media to create a distinct personality and presence that is relevant to the job you want. Polish up your social media profiles and follow industry and company blogs and social media accounts. Comment and interact on forums and blogs. Companies do monitor these outlets.