Jobs in Fountain, CO
- 60,721 Resumes
- 4,707 Jobs Available
- 27,631 Population
- $45,000 Average Salary
Fountain, Colorado is located in the southern part of the state in El Paso County, near Colorado Springs. It is known for its access to recreation, agriculture and its small-town feel. Fountain used to be a rural town that is now getting more urban amenities. If you are looking for a job in Fountain you will want to know more about its local economy, job prospects, and the average salaries in the area. Read more about the economic outlook and jobs in Fountain.
El Paso County is the second most populous county in Colorado and contains the state’s second largest city, Colorado Springs. Like Colorado Springs, Fountain has made economic gains over the past year. The unemployment rate in El Paso County dropped from 5% in 2014 to 4.1% in 2015, which is less than the national unemployment rate of 5.3%. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, government employs the largest number of people in El Paso County, followed by trade, transportation and utilities and professional and business services. The largest industry growth in 2015 was seen in the education and health sector, at almost 4%. Retail salespersons make up the largest occupation in the area. Food prep and services workers and customer services workers make up the second and third largest occupations. The average weekly pay of $864 in EL Paso County is lower than the US average, which is $1,048.
Just as with any job-hunt, for a successful search for jobs in Fountain you will need a resume that details your skills and gains attention. There are tips and tricks to build a stand-out resume that work no matter what industry you are in, where you are at in your career or what your career goals are. Here are some do’s and don’ts to help you create a winning resume.
1. Use relevant and transferable skills. Tailor your resume to the job you seek. Make more than one version of your resume, if necessary.
2. Highlight your accomplishments to distinguish yourself from other applicants. Use quantifiable accomplishments when possible.
3. Format your resume in a way that makes sense for your experience and the jobs in Fountain that you are applying for. In some cases, it may be more important to put your education before your experience or vice versa.
4. Keep your resume succinct. It is no longer a hard-and-fast rule to keep your resume to one page, but what is important is that you express your qualifications in a way that clear and concise.
5. The rules that you should always follow when creating a resume are to make sure it has no spelling mistakes and that it is accurate.
Finding jobs in Fountain, as with any job search, can be made significantly easier by taking specific actions. These tips can help you plan for a successful job-hunt.
1. Get creative in your search for jobs in Fountain. Use traditional methods like online job boards and networking. For more leads, try going to industry related clubs and events, job fairs and employment centers.
2. Keep an open mind. Look for jobs that are relevant to the career you want and the skills you have. Don’t neglect to seek out entrepreneurial opportunities as well.
3. Follow up on leads. Employers may receive a high volume of resumes. When someone takes the time to follow up on an application or lead, it can help them stand out from the crowd.
4. Networking is your friend. Start conversations with people, ask questions and listen. Networking helps you build connections in an industry and can get you job leads.
5. Be prepared. Job searches can go on longer than expected and become frustrating. Knowing what may come and being prepared for a longer search will help you persevere when looking for jobs in Fountain.