Jobs in Folsom, CA
- 343,159 Resumes
- 9,063 Jobs Available
- 75,361 Population
- $60,000 Average Salary
Folsom, California, is located in Sacramento County and is most known for being the home of the famous Folsom Prison. According to the 2010 census, Folsom is home to 72,203 residents. However, when you’re looking for jobs in Folsom this information is not going to be that helpful. Instead you have to consider Folsom’s economic outlook. Look at the job market, consider tips on finding jobs and building your resume and think about the average salaries in the area.
In the past year the job market in Sacramento County has improved. Their unemployment rate has gone from 6.8 percent to 5.7 percent, but that’s still higher than 5.3 percent, the unemployment rate of the United States. The largest occupations in Folsom are retail salesperson, office clerks and cashiers, which employ roughly 27,270, 21,260 and 21,100 respectively. The top five performing industries are government; trade, transportation and utilities; education and health services; professional and business services; and leisure and hospitality. Leisure and hospitality saw a 10.4 percent growth over the last year, which is the highest growth of the five. The average weekly wage of Sacramento County is about $1,207, while the average weekly wage of the United States is only $1,048.
A professional-looking, unique resume is an important part of finding jobs in Folsom. Use these tips as you build your work history document:
1. Avoid creating a job description in your experience section by focusing on your accomplishments rather than your day-to-day duties.
2. Avoid listing irrelevant information such as hobbies, political views, religious affiliations, family information and anything controversial.
3. Present your information in a way that is important to the employer i. e. , put your recent experiences first, focus on relevant experiences and showcase skills important to the job in question.
4. Use reader-friendly design elements such as bullet points, consistent header format, left flush your type and sufficient white space.
5. Try to keep your resume at one page, but if you have to add a second make it a full second page.
An important part of finding jobs in Folsom is taking the right actions. Use these tips to help you successfully find a job:
1. Conduct an informational interview. An informational interview is where you, the jobseeker, ask an employee in your desired industry a few questions. This can help you learn what skills and experiences are necessary for getting the job that you want.
2. Look for jobs everywhere. You can’t just rely on online job postings. You should use your network, look in the newspaper, go to job fairs and send inquiries to different employers in order to find jobs in Folsom and elsewhere.
3. Promote yourself well. During the entire job search process, you have to focus on how you promote yourself. This means using social media as a professional platform as well as keeping your resume positive. It can also mean that you dress for the part.
4. Focus on goals. The road to a new job can be long and difficult. By creating goals for yourself, you will be able to feel successful even if it takes a while for you to get a job. These goals could be sending out so many resumes in a day or following up on an interview.
5. Create a unique presentation. The way you build your resume and talk in an interview is all a part of your presentation. If you can find unique ways to share your information, you will be more likely to standout. One way to do this is to talk about your skills through an anecdote rather than just listing your skills in an interview.