Jobs in Fitchburg, WI
- 49,934 Resumes
- 6,607 Jobs Available
- 27,154 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Fitchburg, Wisconsin is a suburb of Madison and is in Dane County. It is known for its highly rated schools and its agricultural past. If you are looking for jobs in Fitchburg, you will need to know more than just the culture of the city. The following information on the job market in Fitchburg, including job availability and average salaries, will help you in your job search.
Fitchburg is doing well economically and boasts a low unemployment rate. The unemployment rate of the entire Madison area continues to drop. It finished off 2015 with a rate of 3%, much lower than the national average of 5.3%. The top performing industries in the area are government, trade, transportation and utilities, business and professional services followed by health and education services. Nearly all divisions of industry in the area experienced growth in 2015, with the information and technology sector growing by over 12%. The largest occupations in the area include general office clerks, retail salespersons and customer service representatives. The average weekly wages in Dane County are slightly lower than the national average of $1,048, at $982.
One of the most important aspects of applying to jobs in Fitchburg, or anywhere, is a resume. Don’t let yours get lost among the crowd. There are a few rules that should be followed when creating a resume, no matter what your profession or experience.
1. Keep it short. Resumes no longer need to be kept at a page length. If you have lengthy experience, it may be a good idea to use another page. But brief is usually best. If you can make it only one page, do. If you choose to use two pages for your resume, make sure they are balanced and that each one has about the same amount of wording on it.
2. Make sure your resume is not only relevant to the job to which you are applying, tailor it to make it targeted to the job. You may need a few versions of your resume if you are applying for different types of jobs in Fitchburg
3. Think of your resume as a place to not just list your qualifications, but to demonstrate them. By adding your accomplishments to your resume, it gives potential employers an idea of how you can impact their company.
4. Tailor your resume to you. It is great to start with a template. Add or delete sections to help sharpen the focus of your resume and highlight your qualifications in the best way.
5. The most important rule for any resume is that it is accurate and has no spelling mistakes.
When you are looking for jobs in Fitchburg, much like in other areas of the US, taking the right kinds of action can significantly improve your odds.
1. Use job resources wisely. Looking on the internet for job postings is the standard of any job search, but there are a lot more ways that companies can advertise their vacancies. Employment resource centers, job fairs and industry specific events are all great places to find more leads.
2. Reach out to those around you and those in the industry you want to work and start networking! Building contacts in the field can not only bring in job leads, but it can give you that added benefit of hiring managers already being familiar with you and your skills.
3. Jobs searches can become arduous and long, but be persistent. Follow-up on all leads and even on applications.
4. Increase your professional presence on social media. Build up your LinkedIn portfolio and share industry related articles so potential employers recognize your expertise and interest.
5. Research companies and jobs in Fitchburg. Get a feel for company cultures and the demands of your desired position to assist you in your application and interview process.