Jobs in Findlay, OH
- 755,838 Resumes
- 481 Jobs Available
- 41,098 Population
- $60,000 Average Salary
Findlay in the second largest city in Northwestern Ohio and only about 40 miles away from Toledo. Findlay has received numerous honors, from being a top ranked micropolitan to being home to a top ranked hospital, Blanchard Valley Hospital. The city is also home to several top manufacturers, such as Whirlpool and the Cooper Tire & Rubber Company. As you are looking for jobs in Findlay, Ohio, it important take a deeper look at this area’s job market.
While exact information for Findlay, Ohio, wasn’t readily found, figures for Toledo, Ohio, closely represent the job market in Findlay. These figures reported a 4.6% unemployment rate compared to the national average of 5.3% and average weekly wages of $814 compared to the national average of $1,048. It is also important to note the recent changes in employment for different jobs in Findlay, Ohio. The top industries in the area only had smaller changes, most of which were positive. These industries are trade, transportation and utilities, education and health services, government, manufacturing, and professional and business services. The top occupations are food preparation and serving workers, retail salespersons, registered nurses, laborers and freight, stock and material movers, and cashiers.
Your resume needs to be in top shape as you begin your search for jobs in Findlay, Ohio. Here are some tips to help you create a winning resume.
1. Always proofread your resume. Only by reading through your resume can you catch errors like wrong word usage, missing words, grammar errors and formatting mistakes.
2. Don’t include references or say references are available upon request. This is something that is no longer done because employers will know that references are available if they request them.
3. Highlight the skills and work experience that is most relevant to the job you are applying for. You want your resume to be focused and to show you are the right person for this specific job.
4. Keep your resume to one page, if possible. Avoid going over two pages. You don’t want your resume to be so long that it gets to be a hassle to read.
5. Don’t use an objective statement. Instead use a summary that explains who you are and why you are right for the job.
As you are looking for jobs in Findlay, Ohio, you’ll want to do everything possible to make the search easier. Here is some advice to help you in your search.
1. Keep a positive attitude. While a job search can take some time, don’t let it drag you down. You know you will find a job, so stay focused on that goal.
2. Look everywhere for job leads. Make sure you aren’t just looking in the local newspaper for jobs. Go online to job search engines. Check out company websites. You will find many leads online that you can’t find anywhere else.
3. Use your network. Spread the word that you are job hunting. You want to get your name out there and gather leads. You never know when someone you know has a great lead that may never be advertised. Your network is a great tool that you don’t want to ignore.
4. Go to job fairs. A job fair allows you to apply for many jobs at one time. They can be a great time saver.
5. Schedule time to job hunt. Make sure that you are staying on top of things and working regularly to find jobs in Findlay, Ohio. If you don’t keep at it, you won’t find a job.