Jobs in Fairborn, OH
- 112,200 Resumes
- 8,499 Jobs Available
- 33,329 Population
- $61,000 Average Salary
The only city in the world with the name, Fairborn, Ohio is located in Greene County, near the city of Dayton and Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. Wright State University is also located in Fairborn. If you plan to search for jobs in Fairborn, it helps to understand the area's job prospects and average salaries. The following information will help you get started.
Fairborn is located in Greene County, which had an unemployment rate of 4.2 percent as of November 2015, down from 4.5 percent in November 2014. The county's unemployment rate is also lower than the current national average unemployment rate, which is 5.3 percent. Education and health services, trade and transportation services, and government are the top three industries in the Dayton area. Professional and business services takes the fourth position, and manufacturing, which saw a rise of 4 percent in popularity between November 2014 and November 2015, rounds out the top five industries in and near Fairborn. Food preparation workers, retail salespersons and registered nurses are the three largest occupations in the same area. People who live in Greene County earn about $952 per week, nearly $100 less than the national average weekly wages of $1,048.
Part of a successful job search is having a professional resume. If you feel yours could be better, apply the following guidelines to it.
1. Do keep it between one and two pages of information. Something too short will make it seem as if you don't really care, but something too long will be too hard for a hiring manager to skim. The exception is if you need a CV, in which case more than two pages is acceptable.
2. Don't include personal information about your relationships, religion, looks or hobbies and interests. This is considered irrelevant and unprofessional.
3. Do use the heading "experience" and not "jobs" or "work experience. " A broader heading allows you to include unpaid experience you have. Consider volunteer work, internships or positions of leadership you held in clubs.
4. Don't include references or write that you have them available upon request. The hiring manager already expects this. Simply type your references on a separate sheet and provide them when asked.
5. Do consider designing your own template. It will stand out from the sea of other applicants who used templates that came with their word processing software. However, if you do go this route, stick to professional designs and black and white text.
Whether you are looking for jobs in Fairborn or any other city in the United States, it helps to create a plan of action. These tips and tricks will help you to do so.
1. Consider your options. If you have many skills but are not finding a lot of open positions in your field, consider whether your skills would transfer well to another industry that has more job openings.
2. Attend job fairs and other networking opportunities. Dress professionally and bring your resume with you. Be engaging and polite. Ask questions, but don't linger at one booth for too long because you want to take advantage of the entire event.
3. Contact your local government offices or libraries. In many cases, they offer classes to help you prepare for interviews and write a better resume. In some cases, they might even have job leads.
4. Ensure your online presence is professional. Log out of your page and then go to your public URL and click through all of your information to see if there is anything that reads as unprofessional. Hiring managers sometimes check on things like this.
5. Rewrite your resume. Include updated contact information, skillsets, education, certifications and experience.