Exeter Township Jobs At A Glance
Exeter Township, Pennsylvania, sits in Berks County. It is the third largest municipality in the county after Reading and Spring Township. This type of information is often very interesting, but as you search for jobs in Exeter Township, you really need to learn more about the economic outlook of the area. You can gather some preliminary data related to the job market, job search and salary statistics.
Job Market in Exeter Township
The average unemployment rate in the United States is 5.3 percent, but in Berks County it is 4.0 percent. This shows that the overall job market in the county is rather promising. The top performing industries in Reading, which is only seven miles away, are trade, transportation and utilities; manufacturing; education and health services; professional and business services; and government. However, the industry sector of mining, logging and construction has seen the most growth in the past year at 10.1 percent. The largest occupations are retail salesperson, cashier, hand laborer, office clerk and registered nurse. The average weekly wage in Berks County is $892, which is significantly less than the average weekly wage in the nation of $1,048.
Resume Tips For Exeter Township Jobseekers
No matter where you are in your career, whether you’re a recent graduate or nearing your third decade in the workforce, your resume is a critical part of your job search. Consider these tips as you create your own professional document:
1. Never lie on your resume and keep it error free. Those are the two unbreakable rules of resume writing.
2. Clearly let the hiring manager know how to contact you by including your name, the city and state you live in, your phone number, an email address and a website.
3. Sharpen the focus of your resume by including a skill highlights or summary section full of keywords.
4. Avoid using personal pronouns throughout your resume.
4. Always consider the reader as you choose the information to include and the order your entire resume should be in.
How to Find Jobs in Exeter Township
Searching for jobs in Exeter Township is much like looking for jobs anywhere else in the country. If you promote yourself in the right way and take the right steps, the entire process will be easier than if you do everything incorrectly. Consider these tips as you try to find a job opening:
1. Use the best resources. Social media is a great resource for the job search. However, you have to know which social media sites to use to find potential openings. Consider the field you are trying to get into as you decide whether you’ll find more opportunities on LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook.
2. Be truthful. You need to tell the truth to potential employers and yourself. Take a look at the skills you have to offer. Consider what you can offer to a company. Then, be honest about what you can do. You should never lie during a job search.
3. Use the strategy that is right for you. Are you willing to try anything new or would you rather have a job similar to the one you are leaving? This will impact what you should do to get a job. Some jobseekers send out as many resumes as they can, while others try to work on their skills through workshops. Pick the path that will help you find jobs in Exeter Township.
4. Set a foundation. Before you start applying to openings left and right, consider giving yourself a strong foundation. Come up with an organizational plan. Build a standout resume. Figure out exactly what it is that you’re looking for.
5. Keep on the lookout. As you search for jobs, you should always be on the lookout for the next opportunity. Go to job fairs, workshops, career centers and libraries in the hopes of learning about a new position. Talk with people in your network and look at online job posting sites. There are a lot of places you can look to find new jobs.