Jobs in Evanston Township, IL
- 119,133 Resumes
- 22,521 Jobs Available
- 75,658 Population
- $70,000 Average Salary
Evanston Township, Illinois, is part of Cook County and located just north of Chicago. Finding jobs in Evanston Township is easier when you have an understanding of the job market, average salaries in the area and how you can make your job search easier.
Cook County’s job market is slowly getting better as their unemployment rate decreases. The national unemployment rate is 5.3 percent, which is the same as the unemployment rate for Evanston Township. Trade, transportation and utilities; professional and business services; education and health services; government; and leisure and hospitality are the best performing industries in the area in terms of employment. In fact since 2014, education and health services has seen an increase in employment of 1.4 percent. The largest occupation in the area is a retail salesperson. The average weekly wage of Cook County, which includes Chicago and Evanston Townships, is $1,201, while the country’s average weekly wage is $1,048.
Often the first thing a hiring manager sees is your resume. Creating a standout resume is an important part of you getting any jobs in Evanston Township. Use these resume writing tips to create something you can be proud of:
1. Create a summary section that succinctly highlights your experience, skills and personality traits that make your right for the job.
2. Talk about your accomplishments rather than your day-to-day responsibilities in order to set your resume and a job description apart from each other.
3. Keep your entire resume flushed to the left in order to ensure there are no odd spaces and increase readability.
4. List your job information in order of importance to the hiring manager: position title, name of employer, location of employer and dates of employment.
5. If you have little relevant experience, discuss volunteer work and part-time jobs that gave you skills needed for the position in question.
Finding jobs in Evanston Township, and anywhere in the country, is all about taking the right actions. Use these five tips to help make the best choices during your job search:
1. Be persistent. Sending in your resume or responding to job posts online is not enough. You have to follow up with hiring managers until you get a definite answer. You also have to be persistent in continuing your search. With the national unemployment rate at
5. 3 percent, jobs are not always easy to find.
2. Make a plan. Look at your situation and figure out what you need. Do you currently have a job? If so, you have the time to look for a job that will make you happy. Have you been laid off? If so, you may need to get a part-time job as soon as you can in order to make ends meet. Planning will help you make goals and deadlines for yourself in your job search.
3. Stay positive. You should keep your resume positive, but you should also try to stay positive about the outlook of your job search. A negative demeanor can adversely affect your job hunt.
4. Use your network. Use your friends, family and acquaintances to get connected to hiring managers. Also, don’t underestimate the power of the social media network while you look for jobs in Evanston Township.
5. Tailor yourself for the job. If you’re using social media as a part of your job search, use your description area as a chance to showcase your skills. Tailor your resume to the specific position that you are applying for to give yourself a better chance of standing out to the hiring manager.