Jobs in Euless, TX
- 237 Resumes
- 45,026 Jobs Available
- 53,630 Population
- $58,000 Average Salary
Euless is part of the Mid-Cities region between Dallas and Fort Worth and contains a portion of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. It hosts the Arbor Daze festival, a celebration of trees, which is one of the most popular and awarded festivals in Texas. Start your search for jobs in Euless by gathering information about the local job market, employment prospects and average pay. Below, you’ll find a preliminary overview of the area to help guide your efforts.
Being situated between two major metropolitan areas affords Euless many employment options. Unemployment is 4.1 percent, much better than the national average of 5.3 percent. According to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the leisure and hospitality sector is the fastest growing sector for jobs in Euless, showing gains of 7 percent over the year prior. Next is the education and health services industry at 5.4 percent. Rounding out the top five growers are the professional and business services industry at 5.1 percent, the trade, transportation and utilities sector at 3.6 percent and the other services sector at 2.7 percent. Average weekly wages are $1,161, somewhat higher than the national average of $1,048.
Your résumé can be your ticket to the ground floor, regardless of the industry or job. There are some basics to keep in mind as you go about writing a winning résumé. Here are some pointers.
1. Put the most informative details first when writing job entries. This order is generally preferred – title/position, employer, employer location, employment dates.
2. Don’t be afraid to toot your own horn. Featuring your career accomplishments provides managers with concrete examples of your potential value to their companies. Simply listing job responsibilities isn’t nearly as useful.
3. Employers get a lot of applications, leaving little time to thoroughly consider them all. Many managers devote as little as six seconds of their attention to a given résumé so it’s important to hook them right away. Cut out the fluff to give your résumé a sharp focus that cuts through the haze.
4. Don’t ever lie about anything. Searching for work can get frustrating and the urge to begin embellishing details can get stronger. Don’t give in to that temptation during your search for jobs in Euless. Assume every detail will be checked and act accordingly.
5. Proofread your résumé. You want to leave hiring managers with a good impression. Make sure your grammar and spelling are impeccable.
Looking for jobs in Euless is much like hunting gainful employment anywhere. The process can be managed more effectively by preparing well and keeping a few things in mind. The following tips can prove helpful in your search.
1. Put in the time to conduct research on employers that interest you. Find out what you can about their employee satisfaction, hiring processes, company cultures and needs. The information could help you focus your application efforts more effectively.
2. Take assessments to identify what you want to do and what your skill set is so you can apply yourself toward companies that are a good fit. You can find assessments online and at local career centers.
3. Take control of your social-media presence. Check the information that’s on the Internet about you and make sure it creates a good impression. Clean up any publicly available data that could give prospective employers misgivings.
4. Network like crazy. Your connections could prove immensely valuable. Colleagues, family and friends may be in positions to recommend you to decision makers. They may also learn about jobs in Euless and pass them on to you.
5. Follow up. Until you get a firm no, you should regularly contact companies to which you’ve applied. This doesn’t mean you need to call every day, but try not to let more than a few days to a week pass without checking in.