Jobs in Englewood, NJ
- 755,838 Resumes
- 20,786 Jobs Available
- 27,670 Population
- $79,000 Average Salary
Englewood is a city in Bergen County, New Jersey, with a population of less than 30,000 as of the 2010 census. Notably, Englewood is the place where the US telephone industry first introduced direct distance dialing. The Mayor at the time made the first ever customer-dialed long distance call. The city is home to the Flat Rock Brook Nature Center, a 150-acre preserve that also serves as an education center. Inform your search for jobs in Englewood by checking out this information about the unemployment rates, wages, and job trends in the area.
Bergen County has had a lower unemployment rate than the US rate of 5.3 percent for a while. In twelve months, it fell from 5.0 percent to 4.2 percent. Of all the employment sectors in the area, the largest one is trade, transportation, and utilities, and that is followed by education and health services. Among those working jobs in Englewood, you will find more retail salespersons than anyone else. Office clerks are the next biggest occupational group. The weekly average wage in Bergen County is $1,226, a fair amount more than the US weekly average of $1,048.
If as a candidate for jobs in Englewood you go into your search with a resume that shows superior organization and content compared to other candidates, you will be that much more likely be accepted over your competition. These expert tips will help you get your resume to that level.
1. Include the most relevant education and experience in your resume. You should put actual experience first, and below that the section on education.
2. Check carefully for any grammatical errors. Even the smallest typo could be counted against you when a potential employer reads your resume.
3. A Summary should be included at the beginning of any strong resume. Here you can use a short paragraph of four to six lines to briefly note some of your best qualities, and summarize your overall experience.
4. All of your lists should be in bullet point format. This makes it easier for someone to read through your resume.
5. Consider not just specific skills, but more general, transferable ones as well. “Punctual” and “strong analytical skills” are just a couple examples of general traits employers will want to know about.
The strategies that will yield you the greatest success in your search for jobs in Englewood are much the same as those you would employ anywhere else. The short list of tips gathered here has been compiled from the words of experts on the job hunting process.
1. Raise your social media presence by making posts with keywords for the industry you’re applying in, and by joining and checking relevant groups and interest pages.
2. A strong social media presence can be a double-edged sword, however, if you are not careful to filter any material that employers would find undesirable out of the public eye.
3. There are lots of places to find job postings. In addition to online job banks, many employers will make postings in the local newspapers and public libraries.
4. If you are not entirely confident, you can always seek more preparation by attending workshops and doing practice activities such as mock interviews.
5. A great place to look for opportunities to practice and improve your job searching strategies is at your local American Job Center.