Jobs in Englewood, CO
- 755,838 Resumes
- 20,263 Jobs Available
- 32,480 Population
- $55,000 Average Salary
Sunny Englewood, CO is a suburb with a population of about 30,000 south of Denver, CO. The city has a small town feel while offering all the amenities of a big city within a short driving distance. Light rail transit makes the amenities all the more accessible. There are over 1600 businesses in operation within the Englewood area, which creates a full-time employment base of 24,800 jobs. If you are in the market to snag one of these jobs in the area it is important to familiarize yourself with the local job market in both Englewood as well as in the larger Metro Denver area. This article will summarize the market, including job prospects and average salaries for the area.
Denver has been experiencing much growth recently. Jobs in the area are currently hot and the city is growing, although depressed oil prices might negatively affect the oil and gas job sector. The current unemployment rate of the Denver area is 3.2%, which is 2.1% lower than the national average. The top industries in the city are retail, food preparation and secretaries and administrative assistants. There was major growth of 8.1% in the mining, logging and construction sector from 2014 to 2015.
You may have strong skills and qualifications, but if you do not clearly show them on your resume, you are not likely to get the job in Englewood, CO, or anywhere else in the country for that matter. A high quality resume is crucial to your success whether you are in oil and gas or retail, and here are 5 tips to help you craft a top notch document:
1. Review resume samples from others in your field. What are the important industry keywords? What are the most relevant qualifications?
2. Use bullet points to set off your best details. This makes the document more reader-friendly and helps the important points to jump off the page.
3. Be positive but truthful. Try to show yourself in the best light, but you don’t want to get caught in a web of lies.
4. Including specific, quantifiable accomplishments is an important way to show you are qualified for the open job.
5. Try using a resume builder to achieve a professional look, especially if you are unfamiliar with current resume specifications and acceptable formats. Don’t always stick with a basic template: try to be creative while staying within suitable layouts.
Why spend tons of time aimlessly searching the internet for jobs in Englewood, CO when you can get tips from the experts that will help you focus in and make the right moves to land that perfect job? Here are 5 tips to help make your job search more efficient and successful.
1. Network with Denver-area professionals in your chosen field. Look for opportunities to meet up in person as well as online networking.
2. Make sure that your online presence shows your best qualities and that you are easy to find. Many employers are checking prospective employees online prior to hiring and a negative or small online presence might cost you the job.
3. Use social networking to job search. If you have great references or a direct connection to a hiring manager you will have an advantage to being hired.
4. Always follow up on job leads. It might seem like a slim chance or not quite the right fit, but after pursuing the opening, you might find that you are suited to the job.
5. Be prepared for a long search. There usually many applicants for each job, and finding the right job takes time. But with a stellar resume and thoughtful preparation, you may be able to cut down the duration of the search.