Jobs in Encinitas, CA
- 350,900 Resumes
- 33,487 Jobs Available
- 62,254 Population
- $61,000 Average Salary
Resting on the sunny shores of southern California, Encinitas is just north of San Diego and a couple hours south of Los Angeles. With eclectic art museums and long-standing ornamental flower growing operations, the diversity of this vibrant town is apparent in the businesses as well as the residents. In order to break into the unique economy of this city, you’ll need to be educated on certain aspects about the market for jobs in Encinitas. Knowing the following can mean the difference between working in this quaint beachfront town and being forced to move your job search elsewhere.
As more and more people call the town of Encinitas home each year, it becomes increasingly necessary to obtain the right guidance in navigating the job market. The unemployment rate for the greater San Diego area is 5.0%, less than the national average of 5.3%. While the top performing industries include professional and business services and government positions, construction workers enjoyed a small boom last year. Mining and logging industries continued to decrease and employment rates dropped by 20%. The occupations with the largest number of employees belong to the service department, with retail sales, cashiers and waiters topping the list. Along with endless sunshine and plentiful vegetation, people searching for jobs in Encinitas also can enjoy an average weekly wage of $1,130, $82 higher than the national average.
Once you find jobs in Encinitas that you’re interested in applying for, polish your resume so that it will help your efforts instead of hindering them. There is no faster way to ruin your chances than with a poorly-written resume, so follow these tips to impress prospective employers.
1. Research resume styles online to find the right one for you. Don’t just stick to the same template that everyone uses – you need to stand out.
2. Make your resume as flowing and readable as possible. Bulleted lists and simple headers can help in this area.
3. Keep your type flush left to make things easy to scan and avoid text spaces between words.
4. Don’t use personal pronouns like I, my or me. Keep things professional and formal.
5. Use action verbs that have power, like “collaborated” instead of “worked together. ”
Just like in any city, taking the right steps in your job search can lead to greater and faster results. Here are five tips to get you started and keep you going in the right direction.
1. Do your research first. Are there other industries your skills can be applied to? Determine what you want to do most and then work toward that.
2. Plan your ascent. Sometimes it may be difficult to jump right into the exact position you’re looking for. Instead, look for ways you can work your way up through the company and consider starting in a lower division.
3. Prepare for the long haul. You never know how long it will take to apply, interview and receive an offer, so be sure to make preparations to keep you going in case it takes longer than expected. Look into freelance and contract work in the meantime.
4. Network with everyone you meet. There is no better way to learn about jobs in Encinitas than through people who are already connected. Don’t hesitate to talk to and ask for advice from those who may be able to help you.
5. Think outside the box. Everybody has access to the same information online, so you may need to find other avenues for less competition. Attend job fairs and subscribe to newsletters for more information on job openings.