Jobs in Elk Grove, CA
- 755,838 Resumes
- 10,541 Jobs Available
- 163,553 Population
- $60,000 Average Salary
Located on the south side of the greater metropolitan Sacramento area, the city of Elk Grove has a population of 161,007 residents. The area is filled with plenty of industries and businesses that need employees. A few of the top employers in the area include Apple, Kaiser Permanente, WalMart and several others. The area is also a great place for those trained in the agricultural industry.
Elk Grove has a current unemployment rate of 4.4%, well below the national average of 5.5% for the same time period. The most in demand jobs in the city of Elk Grove are in the areas of retail sales, general office clerks, cashiers, food service workers and business operations specialists.Five of the most in demand positions with the most percentage of growth in Elk Grove include:1. Information Systems Analysts2. Advertising Managers3. Insurance Underwriters4. Credit Analysts5. Database Administrators
When you are looking for work in Elk Grove or anywhere else, pay attention to the small details and create a more effective job search by including some simple steps. Here are five easy tips that will help you create an effective job search.
1. Learn to NetworkThe people around you are a very effective source for your job search. You never know who they may talk to throughout the day that just happens to be looking for someone like you. Spread the word that you are looking for work and what you are skilled at. This will help increase your job search effectiveness.
2. Improve your SkillsBy taking classes and training at a temp agency or unemployment office, you can improve your skills.
3. What's your Plan?It helps to measure the success of your job search activity.
4. What is Expected of You? Before going on the interview, find out what the job you are applying for entails. If you can go to the interview informed and knowing about the job, it will impress the employer and could get you hired.
5. Practice the Interview. By practicing the interview with a friend or family member, it could help relieve any nervousness.
Elk Grove is just 20 miles south of downtown Sacramento and the state capital, providing access to plenty of white collar professional jobs as well as a number of positions in customer service fields. The Sacramento area has a wide range of employment opportunities in various industries. Many of these businesses may not necessarily post jobs in the newspaper or other periodicals. Check company websites for current job postings. The following information can help you design a resume that can get any hiring managers attention. Even if a job is not openly advertised, companies still need employees. Here are five tips to creating a very effective resume:
1. Highlight your Strong PointsUse your resume to tell the employer what you are good at. By emphasizing your best qualities, it might help them determine if you are right for the position they are offering. Your resume is designed to get you the interview. By focusing on positive traits and qualities, it will give the employer a better idea of what king of person you are.
2. Be ProfessionalCreate a resume that shows an image of a professional and organized person. This is the type of person employers look for.
3. Take ControlYou want your resume to not only include the details of your previous employment, but also be a road map to what you are wanting from your potential employer. Include what your goals are and don't forget to ask the employer to call you and set up an interview.
4. Focus on the DetailsPut yourself in the employers shoes. Create your resume as if you will be setting up the interview based on what you see on the resume. What would get your attention to want to set up an interview.
5. Details MatterWhen your resume is filled with errors the employer might think twice about calling you in for an interview. A resume with lots of mistakes reflects a sloppy, disorganized person.