Elgin township Jobs At A Glance
Elgin Township, IL is mostly-located within the Kane County portion of the City of Elgin, IL, (which is generally located in the northwest section of Chicago). Geographically, Elgin Township is located within the boundaries of: Nesler Rd and Coombs Rd (west boundary), Willard Ave (east boundary), I-90 (north boundary) and McDonald Rd. and Franklin Ave. in South Elgin (south boundary). The Township is divided by the Fox River.The Elgin Township/City of Elgin is home to Elgin Community College, Judson University, and the Elgin Academy. Average temperatures are between 75 to 85 degrees in summer and 29 to 45 degrees in the winter months. There are numerous parks, recreation facilities, and forest preserves that offer fishing and canoeing, and hiking, biking, and equestrian on the Fox River Trail and the Illinois Prairie Path. It hosts theatre (Hermmens Cultural Center), music and the arts, museums, festivals, riverboat casino, and country clubs. If you’re looking for employment in Elgin Township, IL, you’ll want to know about the local job market, job prospects, and average salaries. Full-time and part-time work may be found at the City of Elgin, colleges and local school district, health services, and cultural arts and entertainment venues.
The Elgin Township, IL Job Market
The Elgin Township, IL area is located in Kane County, in the northwestern portion of the state. It is included in the Elgin, IL Metropolitan Division. It has a Sep 2015 unemployment rate of 4.9 percent. This is down from 5.8 percent in Sep 2014 and below the 5.2 percent national average (US Bureau of Labor Statistics).Elgin Township employment has been concentrated in sales and related, transportation and material moving, and healthcare practitioners and technical sectors. As of May 2014, occupations employing the most workers in the area were: 1.Laborers and freight, stock, and material movers (hand labor)2.Cashiers3.Retail salespersons4.Heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers5.Registered nursesThe top performing industries in the Elgin Township area (per percent of total employment), include:1.Office and administrative support occupations (15.5 percent)2.Sales and related occupations (10.6 percent) 3.Transportation and material moving occupations (8.3 percent)4.Food preparation and serving related occupations (7.9 percent) 5.Production occupations (7.0 percent)Employment in the Elgin Township area was significantly higher (May 2014) in transportation and material moving, management, and healthcare practitioners and technical sectors. Conversely, employment in the Elgin Township sectors of construction and extraction, installation, maintenance, and repair, food preparation and serving related are significantly lower than the national averages. Some of the largest employers in the Elgin Township area include Advocate Sherman Hospital, Provena St. Joseph Hospital, and Elgin Mental Health Center healthcare facilities, the Grand Victoria (riverboat) Casino, JP Morgan Chase (credit card services), American NTN Bearing (ball and rolling bearings), Communication Test Design Inc. (telecommunications), and Winergy Drive Systems (wind turbine gears).
Resume Tips For Elgin township Jobseekers
Submit your resume with cover letter to the employer online, or include it with a formal job application. Your resume determines if you will be invited to interview. It also serves as a post-interview reference for the recruiter, and helps justify the hiring decision. To be effective, resumes must include basic criteria which are focused, in and organized format, and which includes a keyword summary and skills and accomplishments lists. All resumes must contain your
• Contact information (phone, cell, email)
• Qualifications and Keyword Summary, Licenses and Certifications, Affiliations and Memberships, Military Service, Language Proficiencies, and “References Available Upon Request. ”List all entries chronologically, from the most to least recent. Do not lie about, or exaggerate, the facts. Proofread your resume for typos and misspelled words. DO NOT INCLUDE photos or personal information such as height/weight, age, date/place of birth, marital status, gender, ethnicity, or social security number.
How to Find Jobs in Elgin Township, IL
Simplify your job search by:
• keeping your industry-related skills and knowledge current;
• attending skills refresher training, reading industry/professional reports and journals, browsing online job banks;
• networking through online professional and community associations, local job-hunt groups and job fairs, Linkedin, Facebook,etc. ;
• including keywords that link to your resume, blog, Facebook/Linkedin profile, etc.
• searching companies/open positions online;
• circulating your resume on Twitter;
• using ALL job search tools and resources. Search beyond job boards. Recruiters also check social media sites (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) for candidates;
• following-up on leads;
• keeping your network information, resume, and professional reference lists current.