Jobs in Ela Township, IL
- 31,270 Jobs Available
- 43,328 Population
- $70,000 Average Salary
Ela Township, Illinois is located in Lake County, Illinois. The area has a population of 42,654 and contains over seven lakes in its boundaries. For those seeking proximity to Chicago, the township is less than 40 miles from this area. Even though it is interesting to understand the cultural and outdoor resources in the area, if you are looking for jobs in Ela Township, you need to understand the economic climate of the area. This article will outline the area’s job market, average salaries and the job prospects in the area.
Ela Township is located in Lake County, which has shown a rise in employment from 5.6% in 2014 to 5.9% in 2015. For both 2014 and 2015, the employment has been above the national average of 5.3%. The top five employers in the township are trade, transportation and utilities, professional and business services, education and health services, government and leisure and hospitality. Construction showed the highest increase in employment of 4.6% increase in from 2014 to 2015. The top occupations in the area are office and administrative support occupations, sales and related occupations and food preparation and serving occupations. For the jobs in Ela Township, the average weekly wage is $899. This wage is lower than the national average of $1,046.
Like anywhere in the United States, a high-quality resume is central to a successful job search. Regardless of your industry, experience and overall career goals, the following recommendations will guide you in ways that you can improve your resume to help you to find jobs in Ela Township.
1. Focus on showcasing your accomplishments and not just a giving list of your job responsibilities in your resume. Your accomplishments show that you are a successful candidate.
2. Try to keep your resume as concise and focused as possible. Usually, this means that you should not go beyond two pages.
3. Include a “Summary of Qualifications” section to provide a quick reference to your skills in your resume.
4. List your work experience in reverse chronological order. This allows your most recent work experience to shine.
5. Customize your resume to each job to which you are applying. This will help you to connect better your previous experiences with the job to which you are applying.
Regardless of where you are in the United States, a good plan based on sound advice will help improve the effectiveness of your job search. The following five points will help you in your search to find the best jobs in Ela Township.
1. Constantly seek to increase your network. A network is a powerful tool to connect you to some of the best job options.
2. Share your resume online using social media and other job sites. A lot of recruiters use these sites to find candidates for available jobs.
3. Be in charge of your job search. You need to take responsibility and initiative and have confidence in your ability to be successful.
4. Make sure to have quantitative measures of your success ready to share with employers. Hiring managers like to be able to measure and have proof of your previous successes.
5. Make sure to follow up quickly to all inquiries from hiring managers. When employers take time to contact you, you should know that they are interested in determining if you are the right fit for the job.