Jobs in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
- 80,747 Resumes
- 2,649 Jobs Available
- 43,851 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
Home to over 43,000 people, Egg Harbor Township, NJ, lies less than 15 miles from Atlantic City. Residents enjoy its unique Storybook Land Park, which features classic characters from children’s books. For active fun, people can make use of the 7.5 mile Atlantic County Bikeway. Despite these exciting features of the area, if you are looking for jobs in Egg Harbor Township you will want to know more about its job market, prospects, and average salaries. Continue reading for an overview of this information.
While the amount of jobs in Egg Harbor Township area is scarcer than in some areas, prospects have improved over the past year. Egg Harbor Township area’s unemployment rate in 2015 was 7.7%. Although this rate is higher than the national average of 5.3%, it is a major improvement over the previous year’s rate of 10.2%. The top five performing industries in the area are leisure and hospitality, government, trade, transportation and utilities, education and health services and professional and business services. The manufacturing industry experienced a 4.8% decline over the past year, while the mining, logging and construction service industry experienced a 5.7% growth rate. The largest occupation in the Atlantic County area is retail salespersons, followed by cashiers and combined food preparation and serving workers, including those who work in fast food. The area’s average weekly wage is $831, compared to the national average of $1,048.
Jobs in Egg Harbor Township, and anywhere else in the U. S. , are much more accessible to those who have given the proper amount of attention to their resumes. No matter what your career goals are, what industry you work in, or how experienced you are, there are some dos and don’ts you should adhere to in order to make sure your resume is in the best condition:
1. Do utilize online resume builders and samples in order to make your resume as thorough and professional as possible.
2. Don’t use personal pronouns on your resume—not only do they waste space, they are redundant since your resume is obviously about you and your experiences.
3. Do avoid using the word “work,” since it is not strong or descriptive. Instead, use more specific verbs to describe your job duties, such as “managed” or “spearheaded. ”
4. Don’t forget to include the geographic locations of your previous jobs.
5. Do list your job history in order from most recent to least recent.
Approaching your search the right way is the key to finding jobs in Egg Harbor Township or any other U. S. city. Here are some ideas to help you find employment:
1. Take skill and aptitude assessments to help you determine what careers may be a good fit for you based on your strengths and interests.
2. Read professional journals to help you determine which fields you may be interested in. If you already know which fields you are interested in, reading professional journals will provide you with specific and current information about them.
3. Make sure your resume is updated and professional. You never know when the opportunity to apply to another job will arise, so you need to be prepared.
4. Contact resources like the American Job Center for more information on jobs in your area.
5. Look for job search training courses online in your community. A job search training course can arm you with strategies that you otherwise may not have implemented into your search.