Tell us about your proudest accomplishment and earn a
$1,500 college scholarship
LiveCareer, America’s leading site for jobseekers, has helped millions of people with their resumes, cover letters, and job search needs.
We’re committed to helping jobseekers at all levels of experience—and we’re especially excited to help students with the tools they need as they prepare to launch their careers.
LiveCareer Education Opportunities, now in it’s third year, has been designed to provide scholarships to outstanding students of all backgrounds.
What We’re Looking For
Over the past decade, we’ve reviewed millions of resumes and we’ve noticed a common theme: the best-written resumes tell a story about the jobseeker’s unique experiences and accomplishments.
Over the past decade, we’ve reviewed millions of resumes and we’ve noticed a common theme: the best-written resumes tell a story about the jobseeker’s unique experiences and accomplishments. We want YOU to tell us about your proudest accomplishment— whether it comes from a job, from school, or from an extracurricular activity or volunteer organization.
We’ll be choosing three applicants who impress us with their accomplishments, writing ability, creativity, and passion. Each winner will receive $1,500 toward their education. Good luck!
Final Day to Submit is:
Starts December 4th,
2017 at 9:00 AM
Ends February 28th,
2018 at 11:59 PM
How To Apply
Write an original, never-before-published essay of between 200 and 800 words on the following topic: “Which personal or educational accomplishment will you be most proud to share with future employers and why?”
Submit your essay in .doc or .pdf format along with your name, mailing address, date of birth, and school by clicking the Apply Now button below.
The final day to submit is February 28th, 2018 at 11:59 PM PT.
3. Who’s Eligible?
All full-time college or university students currently enrolled, or scheduled to be enrolled during the quarter/semester when the scholarship will be awarded.
- 1. All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, in a full-time college or university program during the quarter/semester when the scholarship will be awarded.
- 2. Only one (1) application can be made per student.
- 3. Essays must be your original work, and reflect your unique insights and ideas.
- 4. Essays must be written in English.
- 5. Word count: between 200 and 800 words.
- 6. Entries must include: a. your full name, b. mailing address, c. date of birth, d. phone number, e. the name of the school that you are enrolled in, and f. essay uploaded in .doc or .pdf format.
- 7. Essays must NOT: have been previously published, have won previous awards, or infringe on any third-party rights.
- 8. All essays must be suitable for publication.
What personal or educational accomplishment would you be most proud to share with future employers and why?
All essays will be judged in four categories on a 1-10 scale for a total of 40 points possible. The four criteria are:
- 1. Ability to answer the prompt: the essay addresses the prompt, and does not stray off-topic.
- 2. Organization and formatting: the essay effectively organizes ideas to build a logical, coherent argument/personal statement. It persuasively supports the main point with well-developed examples.
- 3. Grammar and mechanics: the essay uses correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation throughout.
- 4. Creativity: the essay demonstrates original ideas in a unique way.