Jobs in Eastpointe, MI
- 100 Resumes
- 19,302 Jobs Available
- 32,654 Population
- $60,000 Average Salary
Located in Macomb County and formerly called East Detroit is the city of Eastpointe, MI. This city is considered a family town, and it is sometimes referred to as “The Gateway to Macomb County.” The region has a population of over 32,000, and some of the city resides in the metropolitan area of Detroit. If you are searching for jobs in Eastpointe, MI, the following details about the job market, salaries, and prospective jobs, will be helpful to you throughout your search.
The Detroit area, which includes Macomb County and Eastpointe, experienced favorable economic performance during the last year. Between 2014 and 2015, the unemployment rate in Macomb County fell from 6.6 percent to 5.1 percent. This number is now slightly lower than the United States unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. The 2015 data from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that the top performing sectors in the Detroit area are professional and business services, trade, transportation, and utilities, education and health services, manufacturing, and government. Detroit’s largest occupations include retail salespersons, team assemblers, office clerks, registered nurses, and food preparation and serving workers. The average weekly wage of Macomb County is $954, which is slightly less than the United States weekly wage average of $1048.
In order to find jobs in Eastpointe, it is important to create an appealing resume. Your resume should highlight your accomplishments, skills, and experience so that a prospective employer easily understands why you are a great fit for the job. Use the resume tips to help you.
1. Create a resume that is easy to read and scan. Include features such as sections, lists, and bullet points.
2. Include a section at the top of your resume that highlights your skills and accomplishments. This makes it easier for a hiring manager to recognize your value and contact you for an interview.
3. Read through your resume multiple times to check for errors. Look for misspelled words, grammar problems, punctuation mistakes, and awkward spacing. Even the smallest error can distract a hiring manager and decrease your chances of getting an interview.
4. Use action-oriented language to describe your work experience. Words such as “collaborated,” “achieved,” and “generated” are a few examples of strong verb choices. This type of wording should always be used instead of phrasing like “responsibilities included. ”
5. Your most recent job should be listed at the top of the experience section. All other jobs should be listed afterwards in chronological order.
If you are looking for jobs in Eastpointe, it is important to strengthen your job seeking skills. With the right skills and hard work, finding a job is much easier. To help you in your efforts, take advantage of the following tips.
1. Network. Attend networking events, social activities, and career fairs where you can interact with others. This is an easy way to let people know that you are searching for a job and discover new opportunities.
2. Use social media. More and more people are finding jobs through online connections. Sites like LinkedIn are a great resource for connecting with others and finding jobs. The more active you are on these sites, the more likely you are to find success.
3. Determine what jobs you are qualified for. The most obvious opportunities will probably be found in the same industry where you previously worked. However, there may be opportunities in a different field, depending on your qualifications.
4. Stay positive. A good attitude will help you remain motivated throughout the search, and it will also help you make a good impression during interviews.
5. Follow up regularly. Consistent follow up keeps you on the mind of a prospective employer and it can make the difference between whether or not you get a job. You should feel comfortable following up about an opportunity until you receive a definite “no. ”