Jobs in Eastchester, NY
- 162,558 Resumes
- 130,295 Jobs Available
- 33,030 Population
- $78,000 Average Salary
Located in the southern part of New York State’s Westchester County, Eastchester is an extremely affluent town of roughly 32,636 residents. It is known for its beautiful architecture, excellent school system, and idyllic suburban landscape, and the town contains two of the wealthiest communities in the United States. Despite its reputation as a wealthy bedroom community of New York City, as a jobseeker, you are probably more interested in information about career prospects. If this sounds like you, then you will find the following information to be exceptionally helpful when you look for jobs in Eastchester.
With an unemployment rate of 4.3%, which is noticeably lower than the national average of 5.3%, the job market in Westchester County is full of opportunities. The office and administrative support, sales, food service, education, and healthcare industries employ the highest percentage of workers in the area. Retail salesperson, office clerk, and home health aide are the three most commonly held occupations in Westchester County. Even though it is not one of the most prominent, the travel industry had the largest spike in employment levels in the area – a 49.0% increase last year. The residents of the New York City metro area earned an average weekly salary of $1,601, which is considerably higher than the national average of $1,048.
During your search for jobs in Eastchester, you will most certainly be required to submit resumes. Regardless of your geographic location or industry experience, having a well-written resume will be necessary in order to find a job that you actually want. Here are some tips for writing an exceptional resume.
1. Lying on your resume will only decrease your chances of getting hired. Any false information that you provide will only be uncovered by the background check later on in the hiring process.
2. Including a career summary, instead of an objective, can always work in your favor. A summary will essentially tell an employer why they should hire you. Objectives will simply tell them what they already know – you need a job.
3. Although it can be difficult at times, staying focused can go a long way when you are writing a resume. This means sticking to the main points, and only including the most relevant information.
4. You should always remember to include your contact information somewhere near the top of your resume. Only include one primary phone number; this will help avoid confusion.
5. No one wants to read a boring resume, and if you use expressions such as “responsible for,” then your resume will fall into the “boring” category. Avoid adding overused words and phrases to your resume.
Finding jobs in Eastchester, or any other part of the country, can be easy if you choose to take the right type of action. Entering the job market without a plan will only make your job search more difficult, so it is imperative that you know what you are up against. The following tips will be highly beneficial to unemployed individuals seeking out jobs in Eastchester.
1. During periods of unemployment, it is normal to feel unmotivated and bored. Use your time to consider the options that are available to you. Do you want the same job? Do you want to work in the same industry? Ask yourself these questions before embarking on your job hunt.
2. Having a brilliantly written resume will always work to your advantage. Take the time to proofread your resume before you submit it to an employer.
3. Consulting a career coach can help you find out more about what potential employers are looking for.
4. When looking for a job, you may want to consider changing the way that you find leads. Internet sites, career centers, and government agencies may be able to help you find jobs faster.
5. It always helps to have a positive attitude, and during your job search, you can definitely benefit from having one. Try to avoid becoming pessimistic or overly negative during your search for employment.