East Windsor Township Jobs At A Glance
Sometimes called “The Gateway to Princeton,” East Windsor Township in Mercer County is located less than 25 miles from Trenton where many who seek jobs in East Windsor Township find employment. The township itself is home to a number of pharmaceutical firms such as Aprecia Pharmaceuticals Company, Hovione New Jersey and Advent Pharmaceuticals Ltd all of which provide local employment. Finding jobs in East Windsor Township requires a knowledge of the job market, job prospects and potential earnings that can be found in the following information.
Job Market in East Windsor Township
A growing community along the New Jersey turnpike, East Windsor Township has recently seen an increase in employment opportunities. Compared to a national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent, the unemployment rate in Mercer County sits at 4.4 percent, nearly a whole percent lower than the national rate, and it continues to decline. The bulk of job opportunities in this area are in the fields of government, education and health services, professional and business services and trade, transportation and utilities. The largest occupations in the county are business operations specialist, retail salesperson, registered nurse, cashier and secretary and administrative assistant. Individuals seeking jobs in East Windsor Township and Mercer County can expect to earn an average weekly wage of $1,521 compared to the national average weekly wage of $1,084.
Resume Tips For East Windsor Township Jobseekers
Employers across the United States use resumes to decide which applicant shows enough promise to warrant an interview. In most cases, the only thing separating an applicant from an interview is a winning resume. Here are some suggestions to make your resume shine.
1. Keep your resume under two pages long. Most employers spend an average of six seconds looking at each resume, so you’ll want to be brief and focused.
2. Make sure to include all the ways you can be reached should you qualify for an interview. This includes land line numbers, cell phone numbers and email addresses.
3. Avoid using phrases like “duties included” and “responsible for” which lead to job descriptions rather than emphasizing accomplishments.
4. Always spellcheck and proofread your resume before submitting it. Misspellings, typos, and grammar and punctuation errors reflect poorly on the applicant’s attention to detail and professionalism.
5. Never lie on your resume. Today’s sophisticated background checks will always catch falsehoods.
How to Find Jobs in East Windsor Township
Finding employment in any area can be a daunting task, but it can also be made easier with a solid plan of action. The following tips will help improve the chances of finding jobs in East Windsor Township.
1. Plan to accomplish specific job search tasks every day. Whether it be finding prospects on job boards, submitting resumes and applications or following up on a new lead, creating and working a plan will keep you focused and reduce frustration.
2. Understand that job searches can take a long time. Consider doing freelance or part-time work while you search for a full-time position. Many companies now hire independent contractors to complete specialized projects on an as-needed basis.
3. Take advantage of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn as networking tools to broaden your search area and facilitate job leads. Don’t forget to talk to friends, colleagues and professional groups, too.
4. Sharpen your interview skills with practice questions from the internet and by setting up mock interviews at employment agencies or job centers, as well as completing assessment and aptitude tests to help identify strengths and weaknesses.
5. Research potential employers to find out if you’re the right fit for them and if they are the right fit for you.