Jobs in East Point, GA
- 140,639 Resumes
- 26,158 Jobs Available
- 35,488 Population
- $72,000 Average Salary
East Point, Georgia is located just south of Atlanta. The area has a population of a little over 33,000. For those seeking proximity to Atlanta, the city of East Point is situated within a 10-minute drive from Atlanta. It can be helpful in your job search to understand the cultural and outdoor resources in the area, if you are looking for Jobs in East Point, Georgia, you also need to understand the economic climate of the area. This article will outline the area’s job market, average salaries and the job prospects in the area.
East Point is considered part of the greater Atlanta, GA area, which has shown a decline in unemployment rate from 6.5 percent in 2014 to 5.4 percent in 2015. For both 2014 and 2015, the unemployment rate has been above the national average of 5.3 percent. The top five employers in the township are trade, transportation and utilities, professional and business services, government and education and health services. Professional and business services showed the highest increase in employment with a 5.4 percent increase from 2014 to 2015. The top occupations in the area are office and administrative support occupations, transportation and material moving occupations and sales and related occupations. For the Jobs in East Point, Georgia, the average weekly wage is $1,131. This wage is higher than the national average of $1,046.
For job seekers across the United States of America, a high-quality resume is essential to your success in finding the right job. In every industry and at every level of expertise, the following recommendations will give you ideas on how to make your resume work for you to help you to find Jobs in East Point, Georgia.
1. Avoid using expressions like “duties included” or “responsible for. ” Such phrases are the language of a job description instead of the accomplishment language of a strong resume.
2. Do not mix noun and verb phrases when describing your jobs. Instead, choose strong action verbs and use them throughout the resume.
3. Never lie on your resume.
4. Consider using a resume design that is not a Microsoft Word template. You want your resume to stand apart from the stack of other resumes formed with the same old templates.
5. Use bullet points to make your resume easy to read and keep you striving to find the most concise way to express your meaning.
Regardless of where in the US you are looking for a job, it is good to develop a plan for your job search. The following five points will help you in your efforts to find the best jobs in East Point, Georgia.
1. Be entrepreneurial in your approach to finding a job. You may wish to find contract-based work in your field either in person or online to keep your skills and resume fresh through Internet freelancing.
2. Find a way to manage stress during a lengthy job search. Keep a positive attitude, and look for ways to grow during the process by honing your skills and researching your field to stay current.
3. Take responsibility for your career quest. Choosing your next job is a life change and not just a way not to be unemployed.
4. Network relentlessly. Talk to everyone about your career goals and try to meet as many industry professionals and managers in person as possible.
5. Follow up on all job leads. Until you get a definitive “no” you may still have an opportunity for landing a job from a particular resource.