Jobs in East Palo Alto, CA
- 389,637 Resumes
- 27,865 Jobs Available
- 29,530 Population
- $81,000 Average Salary
With a population of less than 30,000, East Palo Alto is a very small city just 18 miles northwest of the city of San Jose. Its population enjoys many benefits of its proximity to such a major city, especially when looking for jobs in East Palo Alto. Before you begin your search, however, you should take the time to learn about the local job market, different prospects, and average wages. Take a look at this short guide to get started.
The market for jobs in East Palo Alto is extremely strong. The average wages can reach as high as $2,000 in the area surrounding San Jose. This figure is nearly double the national average of $1,048. Additionally, the unemployment rate in the county is just 3.8 percent, compared to the national average of 5.3 percent. The largest industries are business services, manufacturing, health care services, and utilities. The business and health care fields are seeing the biggest growth. The most common occupations are software developers and retail salespersons.
The key to a successful job search is a winning resume. If you are seeking jobs in East Palo Alto, be sure to take the time to develop this document. Regardless of your field, the following resume writing tips will help you start.
1. Focus on your experience and accomplishments sections. These are the areas that employers are most interested in, so these areas should have the most information and should be the strongest.
2. Be as active as possible. Using many strong action verbs will help ensure this. Employers that read your resume need to get a feeling that you are a hard worker that is active while on the job.
3. Make your resume specific to the job you are applying for. When writing, you should always be intentional about every piece of content that you include. In fact, it is a good idea to slightly rework your resume for each new application.
4. Keep the length of your resume in mind. While the length restrictions are not as strict as many believe, you should not go over one page unless the information you are including absolutely requires the extra space.
5. Analyze your resume on a surface level. The organization of information is almost as important as the information itself. Be on the lookout for large blocks of text, wasted space, and of course, typographical errors.
If you are looking for jobs in East Palo Alto, as with other cities, you should begin your job search with the proper steps. The following guide should help you get started.
1. Prepare yourself for a long job hunt. The typical amount of time that it takes to find a job is getting longer, so take the time to think about how you will provide for yourself while searching. Additionally, make sure you do not become discouraged if it takes longer than you hoped.
2. Research your chosen field. Every industry has unique attributes that affect how individuals are hired. If you take the time to familiarize yourself with the expectations, qualifications, and hiring practices, you will have an advantage.
3. Build and utilize your network. Knowing the right people can make all the difference. Your goal should be to get your resume into the hands of hiring managers directly, instead of sending it out blindly.
4. Be persistent. If you apply, you should follow it up with a phone call. Never assume you did not get a job until you are given a definitive answer. You would be surprised how many people are filtered out simply because they give up.
5. Have other options. If you cannot find the exact job you desire, you should know what other opportunities will still benefit your long-term career goals.