East Hempfield Township Jobs At A Glance
East Hempfield Township is a largely rural community in southern Pennsylvania. A suburb of Lancaster, it is a small and charming community with Pennsylvania Dutch history and a close proximity to many Amish farms. Nearby Lancaster is bustling by comparison, serving as the seat of Lancaster County. Read more to get a grasp of the local economy and the possible jobs in East Hempfield Township.
Job Market in East Hempfield Township
Unemployments rates in East Hempfield Township are on the decline, which puts the market on an upward trend for jobseekers. Occupations in the fields of retail, packaging and food service have higher wages in this area than the national average. The unemployment rate is only 3%, compared with the national average of 4.8%, but the average weekly wage falls about $150 below national average. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, wages and salaries jumped a full 3% percent in 2014. Trade, transportation and utilities, Education and Health Services and Transportation positions are the top three performing jobs in East Hempfield Township. The largest increases in employment from 2014 to 2015 were in Leisure and Hospitality at 15.7% and Trade, Transportation and Utilities at 6%.
Resume Tips For East Hempfield Township Jobseekers
One of the most important tools in landing a lucrative career is having a resume that stands out above the rest. Your application must be truly stellar amongst numerous like-minded individuals. There are many helpful guidelines to se tyou above the mediocre that are not industry-specific.
1. Use bullet points or short numbered lists, and no lengthy paragraphs. Avoid fancy fonts and leave graphics out altogether. They are distracting. Keep your resume as user-friendly as possible.
2. Make it short and sweet. If an employer wants to know more details about you, they will request an interview. Highlight only your work history and skills, but keep each point down to a sentence or two.
3. Avoid padding, exaggerating, lying – whatever you call it, this type of fluff will only hurt you in the end. Keep it real by highlighting your good points, and refrain from selling a distorted version of yourself.
4. Do not merely list where you worked and what duties you held, but include your accomplishments that contributed to make that company run more smoothly.
5. Keep it relevant. Focus on the recent jobs that your potential employer will find most appealing.
How to Find Jobs in East Hempfield Township
The search for new employment does not have to be stressful. Much like any other city, in the U. S. the job search in East Hempfield Township can be much much more effective if you adhere to these simple steps.
1. Be assertive! Keep in mind that you are the one who needs to take the steps to make a lead work. Networking can introduce you to new opportunities, but ultimately you are the master of your own destiny.
2. It sounds like a no-brainer, but following up is key. In our current economy, dozens of people are often applying for the same position. Seek definite responses from your potential employers.
3. Be persistent. Sending off a stack of applications one day doesn’t mean you get to take the next day off entirely. Check employment listings every single day.
4. Potential employers frequently begin the vetting process by visiting applicant’s social media sites. Use this to your advantage by establishing a positive, marketable presence for yourself.
5. Find assessment tools and utilize the tests to help point you in the right direction.