Jobs in East Fishkill, NY
- 184,757 Resumes
- 4,153 Jobs Available
- 29,332 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
Located in Dutchess County and home to over 29,000 residents is the historic city of East Fishkill, New York. This area is home to Hudson Valley Research Park, which was once called IBM East Fishkill. The facility provides several jobs for residents and people who live in neighboring cities. If you are searching for jobs in East Fishkill area, the following details will provide you with a helpful overview of the local economy, prospective salaries, and top jobs.
East Fishkill is located south of the larger area of Albany, New York, and this region has seen positive economic results. During 2014 and 2015, the unemployment rate in Albany fell from 4.5 percent to 4.1 percent. This is lower than the United States unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. According to the 2015 data from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, the top economic sectors in the Albany region are government, education and health services, trade, transportation, and utilities, professional and business services, and leisure and hospitality. In the Kingston area, which includes East Fishkill, the largest occupations are retail salespersons, cashiers, waiters and waitresses, secretaries and administrative assistants, food preparation and serving workers, and office clerks. The average weekly wage in the Albany area is $975, which is a little lower than the national weekly wage average of $1048
To maximize your success searching for jobs in East Fishkill, make sure to create an appealing resume. Your resume should highlight your skills and accomplishments so a prospective employer understands why you are right for the job. Use these tips to help you with your resume.
1. Make sure your resume is easy to read and scan. If it looks unorganized or has large clumps of text, the hiring manager might browse over it.
2. Proofread your resume several times to look for errors. Check the spelling, grammar, spacing, and formatting. Even the smallest errors can stand out to a hiring manager and decrease your chances of landing a job.
3. The top section of the resume should identify your top skills and accomplishments. This section is a helpful preview to the prospective employer.
4. A resume can be more than one page. This is particularly common with people who have a lot of experience. Unless you are a doctor or work in academics, make sure to limit your resume to two pages.
5. Include your basic contact information on the resume. Most templates have a header section for these details.
To find jobs in East Fishkill, it is important to develop your job seeking skills. With hard work, you should be able to secure employment. You can use these tips to help you find success during your search.
1. Network. The more you tell others about your job search, the more opportunities you are likely to discover. You can attend social events, contact your friends, and participate in career fairs. It is also a good idea to stay active on social media sites like LinkedIn.
2. Follow up regularly. When you follow up about a job opportunity, you communicate your desire to obtain employment. You can feel comfortable about following up on a job until you receive a “no. ”
3. Stay positive throughout your search. It is not easy to look for a job. The right attitude can increase your chances of success and help you perform better during interviews.
4. Create a plan for success. Outline what you need to do each day to secure employment. Set goals to help you stick to your plan.
5. Think outside the box. Many people find jobs through non-traditional methods. You can visit places of employment in person or look for opportunities in a new field. These efforts may help you find more success than simply browsing a job board.