Jobs in Eagle Pass, TX
- 87 Resumes
- 291 Jobs Available
- 28,329 Population
- $45,000 Average Salary
Eagle Pass, TX is a sprawling city known for its many historic locations and its prime location near the banks of the Rio Grande. As one of the most prominent and populated areas to be found along the United States’ lower border, this city has much to offer concerning both employment and enjoyment. However, before beginning to look for jobs in Eagle Pass, those who are interested in occupations in the area should first take a moment to learn a bit more about the local job market, the available career prospects concerning their skillsets and the average pay that can be expected from companies who call this area home. The following information can help create a fundamental understanding of these categories and shed light on how they can effect a job hunt.
Overall, jobs in Eagle Pass are available and cover a wide variety of categories and industries. As of November 2015, the unemployment rate in this city was marked at 3.8 percent, which was far below that national average of 5.3 percent, marking a job market with many open positions for employees of all backgrounds and experience levels. However, data from comparable cities surrounding Eagle Pass suggest that the weekly average pay in this area is much lower than the United States mean weekly pay, standing at only $750 - $849 compared to $1,048. The industries which provide the most jobs in Eagle Pass are the trade, transportation and utility (which experienced a 2.5 percent increase in job availability in 2015), government, education and health services, professional and business services (which saw a 6.3 percent increase) and leisure and hospitality industries. Among these categories, the most occupied jobs are retail salespersons, customer service representatives, food prep workers and office clerks, which underlines a huge focus on the service industry to be found throughout this area, which might account for the below-average weekly pay.
Regardless of age, experience or education, the most important aspect when it comes to looking for jobs in Eagle Pass is a well-polished resume. While there are many qualities which employers debate over when it comes to what creates a great resume, there are some factors which are consistently favorable on any document of this type.
1. Always list work experience and education in reverse chronological order. This helps to insure that the most relevant information comes first.
2. Do not fill a resume with “fluff,” including irrelevant hobbies or other information that does not apply to the desired position.
3. Use a little color or a new layout in order to ensure that your resume stands out in the stack.
4. Provide contact information that is appropriate and professional, including email addresses and voicemail messages which a potential employer might encounter.
5. Always check to make sure that spelling and mechanics are correct. Mistakes in these areas can be catastrophic on a resume.
Jobs in Eagle Pass, as is the case with almost every city in the United States, can sometimes be a bit difficult to come across. However, there are certain steps which any applicant can take in order to make their job hunt more successful and less stressful.
1. Look high and low for job opportunities. Many available positions in small businesses are often overlooked simply due to lack of exposure.
2. Be persistent. Just because an applicant at first receives a rejection, it does not mean they should give up hope.
3. Pursue all job leads diligently. Unless a firm “no” has been received from a potential employer, an applicant may still have a shot at the desired position.
4. Attend any local job fairs available. This can both open new doors and allow one to gain a better understanding of the local job market.
5. Attend classes which aim to help those looking for work sharpen their interviewing skills and build resumes.