Jobs in Eagan, MN
- 51,330 Resumes
- 23,675 Jobs Available
- 66,084 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Eagan, Minnesota, is a southern suburb of Saint Paul located in Dakota County. Early in Eagan’s history it was a farming community that was the “Onion Capital of the United States,” but today it is one of the top ten largest cities in the state. While this information is interesting, learning about the job market, job search and resume tips and salary information will really help you find jobs in Eagan.
The job market in Dakota County is very promising. The unemployment rate of the county is 2.8 percent, which is much lower than the national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. The industries that have seen the most growth over the past year are leisure and hospitality, professional and business services, education and health services, financial activities and manufacturing. The growth in these industries ranges from 1.0 to 5.8 percent. The largest occupation in Eagan is retail salesperson followed by personal care aides, customer service representatives and food servers. The average weekly wage in Eagan is $1,196, which is slightly higher than $1,048, the average weekly wage of the nation.
One important tool that you should concentrate on while you look for jobs in Eagan is your resume. Use these tips to ensure that you build an engaging resume:
1. Focus on sharing relevant information about your experience, skills and personality traits. Avoid sharing information about your hobbies, family, religious or political view and anything controversial.
2. Use white space, bullet points and headers to make your important information standout and easy to read.
3. Stick to a black and white color scheme to ensure that nothing is lost due to different printers or computer screens.
4. Order your experience information by importance to the potential employer: position title, employer name, city and state of employer and dates of employment.
5. Use a reverse chronological order for your experience and education sections in order to highlight what you have done most recently.
No matter if you’re trying to find jobs in Eagan or anywhere in the United States, you have to know where to look and what to do in order to be successful. Use these tips on your hunt:
1. Find ways to get in touch with hiring managers. You can use your network, send persistent communications and present yourself on social media in order to get on the employer’s radar.
2. Be creative in where you look. Finding open opportunities can be a challenge in itself, but if you look online, in newspapers, at job fairs and in person, you have a better chance of finding an opportunity that suits your needs.
3. Set goals for yourself. Setting goals throughout your job search can help you stay positive and active while looking for jobs in Eagan.
4. Use your social media to promote yourself. More and more companies are getting on social media, and hiring managers even look there to find or vet candidates for the job. Creating a professional description of yourself and sharing career-related information can help increase your odds.
5. Follow up after communication. Whether you sent in your resume, had an interview or simply sent in an inquiry, make sure to follow up with hiring managers. You can send thank yous, ask about the job, and otherwise let them know that you are still interested in the position.