Jobs in Dunedin, FL
- 102 Resumes
- 16,004 Jobs Available
- 35,819 Population
- $49,000 Average Salary
Dunedin is a small city with a population of about 35,000 on the western coast of Florida. It has a mostly appealing job market, but those looking for jobs in Dunedin can also benefit from its close proximity to Tampa. It is still important, however, to gain an understanding of job prospects, average wages, and the job market as a whole before beginning your search. Take a look at the following information to get started.
While wages are slightly low, the job market in Dunedin as a whole is strong. The unemployment rate is just 4.5 percent, which is much lower than the national average of 5.3 percent. The average weekly wage, however, is about $850, while the average is $1,048. The largest industries in the area are utilities, business services, health care services, government, and hospitality. The hospitality and construction fields are seeing the greatest growth, but the business and health care service industries are also growing. The most common jobs in Dunedin are retail salespersons and customer service representative, as well as food preparation workers.
One of the most important parts of your job search is your resume. If you are looking for jobs in Dunedin, be sure to take these simple tips into consideration when writing your resume.
1. Be as specific as possible. In fact, it is best to slightly rework your resume for each position you apply for to make it even more specific. Know exactly what the employers are looking for and focus your resume around it.
2. Find a way to be unique. There are going to be many resumes that are competing with yours, so you cannot afford to blend into the crowd. Think about what sets you apart, then make sure your resume emphasizes it.
3. Always ensure the formatting is perfect. There are specific standards that employers have for resumes. If yours does not follow these standards, it may not even be read. Research what is expected of your resume online.
4. Think about what your resume looks like on a surface level as well. The content is most important, but its appearance can also affect your first impression. Look out for large blocks of text and blank spaces.
5. Keep the length of your resume in mind. It is typically recommended that a resume fills one page completely, but does not extend to a second page. If your work history is especially long, it may be acceptable however.
When looking for jobs in Dunedin, as with other locations, there are certain steps you can take to make the entire process more successful. Take a look at this short guide to see how you can improve your job search.
1. Know what the market for your chosen field is like. Every field has unique aspects, including hiring practices, qualifications, and expectations. If you know what these elements are, you can focus your search around them.
2. Know what other options would be beneficial. If you cannot find the exact job you are looking for, it is good to know what other jobs will still be relevant and can help you get the job you really want at some point down the line.
3. Utilize your network. If you know someone already working in your field, you can use your connection to search for work more efficiently. Getting your resume into the hands of hiring managers directly is better.
4. Take advantage of online resources. There is everything from databases to resume assessments freely available on the Internet. Not using these resources is denying yourself a valuable tool.
5. Remain positive. Having a good attitude will make you much more appealing to employers. If it takes longer for you to find a job than you anticipated, make sure you do not get discouraged.