Jobs in Doral, FL
- 249,511 Resumes
- 14,059 Jobs Available
- 54,116 Population
- $55,000 Average Salary
Doral, FL, is a town of 50,213, situated in Miami-Dade County. Doral is close to Miami Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and the Miami International Airport. This town has a vibrant Venezuelan community and is named after the Doral Golf Resort and Spa. Doral also has an active business community and was recognized for its combination of great lifestyle and business opportunities. With all these benefits, you may want to know more about how to get jobs in Doral. To help you in your search, here is valuable information about the job market and outlook in Doral, as well as helpful tips for conducting your job search.
The Miami area has a number of thriving industries, and the unemployment rate in Miami-Dade County is showing a downward trend from 6.3 in October 2014 to 5.9 in October 2015. This is still larger than the U.S. unemployment rate of 5.3. The trade, transportation and utilities industry is the largest in the Miami area, employing just over 577,000 as of October 2015. The other largest industries, in order of size from largest to smallest are, professional and business services, education and health services, leisure and hospitality, and government. The most common jobs in the Miami-Miami Beach-Kendall area are in retail sales, cashier positions and food preparation and serving. The average weekly salary in Miami-Dade County is $982, which is slightly lower than the U.S. average weekly wage of $1,048.
If you are hunting for jobs in Doral, fine-tuning your resume should be your first step. Whether you live in the north, south, east or west, resumes are vital to your job search. Many people do not know the best practices for creating a quality resume. Don’t fall prey to easy mistakes. Use these tips to make sure your resume is as impressive as possible.
1. Typos are unacceptable on your resume. They look sloppy and careless and can communicate a lack of interest in the job in question. Check your resume with a fine tooth comb to catch any mistakes.
2. Get professional help. Look online for resume samples from reputable websites to find a quality template to base your resume on.
3. Don’t forget contact information. This may seem like an obvious tip, but this error can be the reason you do not get the jobs in Doral that you want.
4. Use bullets to make your resume punchier and easier to digest.
5. Avoid using the words I, me and my in your resume.
Finding jobs in Doral is similar to finding jobs anywhere else in the U. S. No matter where you are, it takes perseverance, creativity, and hard work to find a job. Luckily, there are many ways you can make the job search easier on yourself. Try these expert job hunting tips and get a great job in no time.
1. Often, people find jobs through people they know. If you don’t know anyone personally at a company you are applying to, send a personal email to the hiring manager to confirm that they received your resume and make sure that they know how much you want the job.
2. While social media can be a powerful job search tool, connecting with people face to face makes you more memorable. Aim to secure in-person meetings when possible.
3. Go through your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and any other personal social networks you have and make sure that there are no pictures or other information you would not want a recruiter to see.
4. Follow up numerous times if you have to. Call and ask for interviews, send thank you emails, and send physical notes. Persistence is key to a fruitful job search.
5. Think optimistically. Job searching is hard and requires a positive view of your prospects.