Jobs in DeSoto, TX
- 301,975 Resumes
- 30,896 Jobs Available
- 51,934 Population
- $60,000 Average Salary
DeSoto, Texas, is a part of the Best Southwest area of the Dallas suburbs, which includes Cedar Hill, Lancaster and Duncanville as well. DeSoto sits in Dallas County. When you look for jobs in DeSoto, you need to know more about the economic outlook than the geography. Gather preliminary information about the job market, job search, resume tips and salary statistics.
The job market in Dallas County is a little challenging, but compared to the rest of the country it is promising. The unemployment rate of the country is 5.3 percent and in Dallas County it is 4.2 percent. The best performing industries in the area are leisure and hospitality; education and health services; professional and business services; trade, transportation and utilities; and financial activities. These industries have grown between 2.4 and 7.0 percent. The largest occupations in the greater Dallas-Fort Worth area are retail salesperson, office clerk and customer service representative. The average weekly wage in Dallas County is $1,161, but it is only $1,048 in the country.
Your resume is often the first thing that a hiring manager will see of you, which is why it is so important to create an outstanding document. You can use these do or don’t tips as you build your own resume:
1. Do try to create your own resume design to ensure that yours doesn’t look like everyone else’s.
2. Do focus on the reader as you decide what information to include, what order the content should be in and the format that you should use.
3. Don’t include irrelevant information, such as hobbies, place of birth, religious views, health issues, skills you don’t want to use anymore, family information or social security number.
4. Do use a reverse chronological order for your information so you can put your most recent experience towards the top of the document.
5. Do break the common resume writing rules if you have a good reason to do it.
Finding jobs in DeSoto, like in the rest of the country, can be a long challenge. If you take the right actions, it can be easier. Follow these tips during your job search:
1. Get organized. Figure out a system to keep track of where you apply to, where you have heard back from and all of that information. Getting organized right away can help you have a better job search.
2. Learn about companies. Doing research about different companies can help you figure out what companies you would want to work for. The interview process is supposed to help employers find potential candidates, but you should also use it to make sure you are finding a company that you would fit with.
3. Search for opportunities. In order to successfully find jobs in DeSoto you have to know where to look for different postings. You can check online posting sites, company websites, newspapers, career service centers, job fairs and with your network.
4. Make goals. With a long job search process, it can be challenging to stay positive and determined throughout the search. Making daily or weekly goals can help you keep a feeling of accomplishment which in turn can help you stay positive.
5. Practice for the interview. The interview is an important part of getting a job. You should practice answering questions, but you should also make sure to practice listening. This will ensure that you are giving the best answers possible.