Jobs in Desert Hot Springs, CA
- 755,838 Resumes
- 549 Jobs Available
- 28,164 Population
- $38,000 Average Salary
Desert Hot Springs is an oasis amidst the desert for those looking for some relaxation in the hot sun. The area is home to many spas and beautiful views that make it the perfect place to relax, to call home, or to simply work in. However, before beginning to look for jobs in Desert Hot Springs, those interested in employment should first grasp a fundamental knowledge of the local job market and what makes it tick, viable career prospects and the rate of pay that can be expected from professions in this corner of the United States.
Overall, the job market in Hot Desert Springs appears to be problematic considering both income and availability. The current unemployment rate in the area is estimated at 6.2 percent, which is substantially higher than the current national average rate of 5.3 percent. Furthermore, according to data collected from the area, the income of the jobs in Desert Hot Springs which are available is below average, earning employees a weekly average of $861 while the current national average weekly pay is $1,048. The leading industries in this area which produce the most jobs for residents are the trade, transportation and utilities, government, education and health services, leisure and hospitality and professional and business services (which increased by 5.8 percent in job availability in 2015) industries. The most occupied jobs in Desert Hot Springs are largely service and retail based, with retail salespersons, laborers and freight, stock and material movers, cashiers and food prep workers claiming the most employed categories throughout the area.
A good resume is potentially the most important thing to have when searching for a job in any field. Regardless of education or experience, a resume can either make or break many opportunities for the job hunter. When searching for jobs in Desert Hot Springs, there are some things you should and should not do when creating a resume.
1. Always ensure that spelling and mechanics are correct. On a resume, mistakes regarding these categories can cause an applicant to be dismissed from consideration immediately.
2. Do not center your text or make it justified to the right. Instead, simply arrange it to be justified on the left. This is the cleanest-looking method.
3. Always make sure to add contact information that is professional and appropriate, including emails addresses and voicemail messages which might be encountered.
4. Include complete information when adding prior work experience in order to expedite the process of review for the potential employer.
5. Attempt to use a bit of color or a unique layout in order to help a resume stand out amongst the others in the stack.
Beginning a job hunt anywhere in the United States can be a bit of a daunting task for most people. However, when beginning the search for jobs in Desert Hot Springs can be made much more simple and effective by following a few tips throughout the application process.
1. Networking can be the biggest asset that an applicant has in the current economy. Maintain a strong online presence.
2. Researching a company before applying can always be beneficial later on in the process during interviews or other face-to-face interactions.
3. Be aware of the possibilities. Whether choosing another industry entirely or simply looking for a position which is identical to an old one, knowing what to expect can be helpful.
4. Have a plan. Job searches which are well-structured are more likely to produce more quality results.
5. Search for jobs everywhere. Occasionally, jobs available in small businesses are overlooked by applicants simply due to lack of exposure.