Jobs in Del Rio, TX
- 270,328 Resumes
- 2,997 Jobs Available
- 36,079 Population
- $45,000 Average Salary
Del Rio, Texas is known as “The Oasis of Texas”. It is home to the third largest lake in the state and the oldest Native American cave paintings in the entire country. You can go swimming in the lake and try a glass of local wine at Texas’ oldest winery. Del Rio has its own magic and anyone would be luckily to experience it. The small city is home to just under 36,000 people, and you would be lucky to join them. If you’re thinking about doing just that, know about the job market in the area, and the best ways to land a job.
The unemployment rate in Del Rio is 5%, which is close to the national average of 5.2%. Although the current job growth has a rate of -0.25%, that’s not something that should discourage you. This is actually the best time to take the dive, because the job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 34.5%. This means that if you plunge into looking for a job in Del Rio now, you are going for it right before the job market is about to boom.
Before you turn in your resume around town, make sure you have created the best resume possible. Here are some tips for writing the perfect resume.
1. Review resume samples. Looking at resume samples online for similar industries will allow you to see what other people wrote on their resume. It can help make sure that you don’t forget something important.
2. Don’t go over two pages. Unless you are a doctor or a scientist who uses publications on your resume, your resume should stop at two pages.
3. Don’t use colors. One mistake people make is adding different color font to highlight key points that they are making. The colorful font isn’t going to make parts of your resume stand out. It’s just going to be distracting and look unprofessional.
4. Include your professional summary. Your resume needs to have a professional summary at the beginning of the resume. It should be the first thing that potential employers read. Your professional summary should be tailored to the job you are applying to; so if you are applying for several types of jobs, you need several professional summaries.
5. Use bullet lists. Except for your professional summary, your resume should list information in bullet points. These bullet points include your skills, achievements, certifications and duties at previous employment.
If you love southern charm with a Mexican twist, Del Rio is the place for you. Here is how you can find a job in the area, and learn the best job searching tips.
1. Attend job fairs. Jobs fairs are the best way to find a job. You don’t have to weed through companies who aren’t hiring or who are hiring internally. At the job fairs, you can meet the employers and get to know them a little. It will help you decide if you would enjoy working for those companies before going through the application and interview process. It also allows them to get to know you. You can charm prospective employers and get your foot in the door quickly.
2. Create an online presence. Making social media profiles allows you to get your name and personality out there. You can make friends with people who work for different companies, and get some leads on jobs and maybe even some recommendations.
3. Expand your horizons. Look around at different industries. You might find a job that you didn’t even know exists. You might find something life-long and high-paying.
4. Don’t give up. Turn in your resume to several places every day. At the end of the week, call the places you applied at the beginning of the week and follow up on your resume.
5. Polish your resume. Make sure it is perfect for the industries that you are applying with. If you need to make two even ten resumes for the different types of jobs you are applying for, do it. Make sure they are all relevant for the position.