Jobs in Dedham, MA
- 31 Resumes
- 30,729 Jobs Available
- 25,473 Population
- $71,000 Average Salary
Dedham, MA is an area which prizes its history and fights to preserve it while simultaneously moving forward into the future. It is a perfect place for anyone, from those who have a passion for antiques and history, to those who are simply looking to settle down and create a future for themselves in a beautiful area. However, those looking for jobs in Dedham should first take the opportunity to learn a bit more about the local job market, available prospects for their particular sets of skills and the average pay that can be expected from various types of employment in this area. The following information can serve to develop a great foundational understanding of the above concepts.
At a glance, the job market in Dedham appears to be reasonably stable, with a wide variety of jobs across many industries which have a hold in the area. In November 2015, the unemployment rate in this area was estimated at 4.1 percent, which is significantly than the overall national average of 5.3 percent, a figure which is promising for those entering into a job search. Furthermore, the weekly average pay for employment in this area is currently estimated to stand at $$1,051+, which is above the current national average of $1,048. The industries which are responsible for providing residents with the most jobs in Dedham are the education and health services (which saw an increase of 2.2 percent in job availability in the past year), professional and business services (which saw a 3 percent increase in job availability in 2015), trade, transportation and utilities, government and leisure and hospitality industries. Among these industries, retail salespersons, registered nurses, and cashiers claim the most populated jobs in Dedham.
As is the case in almost any employment opportunity across the country, the most important aspect of entering into the application is the creation of a great resume. When looking for jobs in Dedham, there are several things to remember when it comes to building a professional resume that will speak to almost any employer.
1. List all work and education experience in reverse chronological order to ensure that the most relevant information may be seen first.
2. Always double check grammar, or have someone else proofread the document thoroughly. Grammatical errors can make an applicant seem lazy or sloppy.
3. Try using a splash of color or a unique layout in order to help a resume stand out from others in the stack.
4. Ideally, a resume should be 1-2 pages long. The 2 page maximum should be reserved for those who have extensive experience in the relevant field.
5. Avoid placing “fluff” in the resume, including irrelevant hobbies among other unnecessary information. This takes up valuable space.
Finding jobs anywhere in the United States in this current economy can be a rather large challenge for those who are new to the process, or who are perhaps returning after a long while. However, while looking for jobs in Dedham, there are a few things any applicant can keep in mind in order to make the job hunting experience more productive and less stressful.
1. When meeting with anyone associated with the application process, it is important to dress and behave professionally. First impressions can, indeed, be everything.
2. Be sure to check for jobs high and low. Oftentimes, available positions in small businesses are overlooked due to lack of advertisement.
3. Attend job fairs whenever they’re available. Not only can this open many doors for employment opportunities, but allows a glimpse into the local job market.
4. Make a plan before entering into the search. Job hunts with structure produce more quality results than those approached without insight.
5. Be aware of the reality of possibilities. Whether an applicant is looking into joining an entirely new field or finding a job identical to an old position, the possibilities will be different.