Jobs in Dearborn Heights, MI
- 755,838 Resumes
- 3,693 Jobs Available
- 56,415 Population
- $60,000 Average Salary
Dearborn Heights is a city in the Detroit metropolitan area that offers a smaller place to live and commute to the big city. This area is centrally located in Wayne County and offers easy access to colleges, healthcare facilities and cultural locations. Finding the best jobs in Dearborn Heights is much easier when you understand the city’s job prospects, local job market and mean salaries.
Dearborn Heights is located in the Detroit metropolitan area. This area has shown a decrease in unemployment from 9.6% in 2014 to 7.7% in 2015. The unemployment rate is significantly higher than the national average of 5.3%. The two largest employers in the region are professional and business services followed by trade, transportation and utilities as referenced by the Bureau of Labor statistics 2015 data. After these, education and health services and manufacturing employ the highest numbers of jobs in Dearborn Heights. From 2014 to 2015, mining, logging and construction showed the greatest increase in employment numbers in Dearborn Heights. The largest employment numbers are for office and administrative support occupations and production occupations. For jobs in Dearborn Heights, the average weekly wage is $972, which is lower than the national average of $1,046.
Take time to make your resume an effective resource to show hiring managers why you are the best candidate for the job. Even if you have a lot of job experience and regardless of your industry, a better resume will open additional opportunities for your career.
1. Use concrete action verbs to describe what you accomplished in your jobs.
2. Make sure to list your work experience in reverse chronological order. This makes sure that you highlight your must recent experiences.
3. Include the city and state of your previous jobs. This detail can be important for hiring managers and can easily be forgotten.
4. Consider including a “Summary of Qualifications” section in your resume. This allows hiring managers to quickly review what will make you the best candidate for the job.
5. Keep your resume below two pages unless you are in academics or are a physician. The more concise and focused your resume, the easier that hiring managers will recognize your qualifications.
Obtaining a great job takes hard work and persistence. Regardless of where you live in the United States, a little guidance can help you through the process. The following points will help you in your search for the best jobs in Dearborn Heights.
1. Do not limit your job search to just one industry. It can be easy to just look for jobs that fit what you have done before but this limits your ability to find a better job.
2. Find ways in your social interaction to be more assertive and attentive. These skills can greatly help you in your job search.
3. Do not be afraid to call or go in person to a job site where you are interested in working. A personal touch can greatly increase your connection with hiring managers.
4. Make sure your social media conveys a good message of your character. Remove pictures or messages that would make a hiring manager question your qualifications.
5. Continually increase your network. Get business cards and network in every setting possible. You never know who will be able to connect you to great jobs.