Jobs in De Witt, NY
- 36 Resumes
- 5,207 Jobs Available
- 25,735 Population
- $56,000 Average Salary
De Witt is an eastern suburb of Syracuse, NY. It is known for its proximity to Syracuse University, its recreational parks and trails aligning the Eerie Canal, the thriving culture and arts scenes and its historical significance. If you are looking for a job in the city you will want to know more about its economic outlook. Read on to find out more about job prospects and average salaries to help you in your search for jobs in De Witt.
The job market in De Witt and the surrounding areas continues to strengthen with the national economy. The unemployment rate continues to drop as well. In 2015, the unemployment rate went from 5.4% to 4.7%. The national rate is 5.3%. The top performing industries in the area are education and health service, trade, transportation and utilities and government. The leisure and hospitality sector saw the largest growth in 2015, at 4%. The largest occupations in the Syracuse area are retail salespersons, cashiers and janitors and cleaners. The average weekly salary of Onondaga County, where De Witt is located, is $895, while the national average is $1,048.
A top-notch resume is essential for a successful search for jobs in De Witt, as it is everywhere in the US. The good news is that it there are some tricks to help you create a winning resume no matter how much experience you have or what industry you work in.
1. The most important thing to make sure of, on every resume, is that it is free of all spelling errors and that it accurately represents your experience.
2. Do some research on your industry and incorporate important keywords. Hiring managers will be looking for what skills you have related to the job you seek. Keywords will help those skills stand out.
3. Incorporating transferable skills in your resume will help with your hunt for jobs in De Witt. Transferable skills are those that are needed in a variety of industries and jobs, such as effective communication.
4. Target your resume. During your research of your desired position, keep an eye out for specific experience and skills you have which are relevant to the job you seek and use those skills on your resume. Having several versions of your resume is recommended if you are applying for multiple types of jobs.
5. Formatting matters. Your resume should be easy to read. Making sure that there is enough white-space on your resume and that it has a balanced look will increase its readability. Bulleted lists make skills easy to identify and varying the font between bold, italic and standard helps to keep the reader interested.
Your search for jobs in De Witt, just like with any job-hunt, can be made easier by taking the right course of action. The following information will help you in your search.
1. Research the industry you would like to work in. There may be a variety of jobs you are qualified for that will help you on your career path. Look for opportunities for self-employment as well, which could be a great way to gain experience and connections.
2. Take advantage of multiple resources in your search for jobs in De Witt. Job banks, employment resource centers and job fairs are good places to start.
3. Talk to people inside and outside of the industry to gain new business contacts. Networking builds your presence in the field and can get you job leads.
4. Using social networking sites can also help your job search. A professional online presence allows you to demonstrate your skills with an online portfolio and your expertise with industry-related posts.
5. Don’t give up! Your search for jobs in De Witt, just like anywhere, may not be over as quickly as you’d like. Be prepared for a longer job-hunt and follow up on all potential leads.