Jobs in Davis, CA
- 142 Resumes
- 13,584 Jobs Available
- 66,742 Population
- $59,000 Average Salary
Davis, California, is located in Yolo County, and is part of the Sacramento metropolitan area. Davis is home to the University of California, Davis. If you’re looking for jobs in Davis, you need to get a better understanding of the local job market, the prospects that are available and average salaries. Here is a preliminary look of these three aspects as well as a few tips related to the job search.
Overall the job market in Davis has been improving over the last year. Their unemployment rate went from 6.8 percent to 6.0 percent, but it is still higher than the national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. The five highest performing industries in the area are leisure and hospitality; trade, transportation and utilities; construction; professional and business services; and financial activities. Leisure and hospitality has grown by 10.4 percent while financial activities has only grown by 1.4 percent in the last year. The largest occupation in the area is retail salesperson followed by office clerks, cashiers and food preparation workers. The average weekly salary in Davis is $1,065, which is comparable to the national average weekly salary of $1,048.
As you look for jobs in Davis, make sure that you spend ample time on your resume. This is your most important job searching tool. Here are a few tips to help you create something that will help you standout:
1. Create a reader-friendly document by using bullet points, the table tool, white space, up to two fonts and headers that standout and by keeping everything flushed to the left.
2. Create an interesting document by tailoring your resume to the specific job you are applying for by using keywords from the job description and highlighting important skills that you have.
3. Order your information in a way that highlights more important information first by focusing on what’s important to the hiring manager.
4. In order to make sure your resume readable on all devices and when printed from other printers, only use black and white colors.
5. Discuss your accomplishments rather than just your daily duties in your experience section in order to create an eye-catching section.
Finding jobs in Davis and elsewhere is all about taking the best actions. Follow these tips to make your job search more successful:
1. Focus on your attitude. A bad attitude can keep you from getting a job. Talk about the positive aspects of all of your experience and don’t bad mouth past employers.
2. Make goals. Making daily or weekly goals for yourself can help you keep a positive attitude through the toiling process. These goals will help you feel like you are accomplishing something even if you do not get job offers right off of the bat.
3. Search thoroughly. In order to be aware of all of the job opportunities out there, you have to look everywhere. Look at online job posting sites, company websites, newspapers, job fairs and the like. You should also talk to people in your network to get connected with potential employers and learn about more opportunities.
4. Use social media. Social media is another platform you can use to highlight your experience, expertise, skills and accomplishments. Many employers look people up on social media, so make sure your sights are professional.
5. Meet in person. With email and social media, you might be tempted to do all of your preliminary tasks online. However, going to a business in person may increase your chance of getting an interview because it makes you seem more personable.