Jobs in Davie, FL
- 17,466 Jobs Available
- 98,895 Population
- $55,000 Average Salary
Davie, FL, is known for its equestrian lifestyle and the home of the Miami Dolphins (who practice at Nova Southeastern University training facility). It also fosters a large educational complex that includes Nova Southeastern University, Florida Atlantic University (Davie Campus), University of Florida (Davie Campus), Broward College (Central Campus), McFatter Technical College, ITT Technical Institute, Unilatina International College, and Trinity International University – Florida.Davie’s temperatures average between 90 degrees in summer and 58 degrees in winter months. Davie is located within minutes of Port Everglades (Florida’s deepest port) and the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport. Davie also offers numerous parks, gardens, and green open spaces, fishing, miles of equestrian trails, and rodeo arenas. It supports golf and country clubs, aquatic center, youth sports (baseball, basketball, soccer, flag football, lacrosse), art and historic museums, music/arts, and farmers market.A successful job search begins with a familiarization with the local job market, job prospects, and average salaries. In general, full-time and part-time work in the Davie, FL area may be found at the city offices, universities/colleges/school districts, and healthcare facilities.
The Davie, FL area is included in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL Metropolitan Statistical Area and Broward County. It has a Sep 2015 unemployment rate of 5.6 percent. This is significantly lower than 6.2 percent in Sep 2014. However, it is higher than the 5.2 percent national unemployment average and 5.2 percent state average (US Bureau of Labor Statistics).Employment in the Davie area has been concentrated in sales and related and food preparation and serving related sectors. As of May 2014, occupations employing the most workers in the Davie area were: 1.Retail salespersons2.Customer service representatives 3.Combined food preparation and serving workers (including fast food)4.Cashiers5.Waiters and waitressesThe top performing industries in the Davie area (per percent of total employment), include:1.Combined sales, office and administrative support occupations (31.2 percent)2.Combined management, business, finance occupations (18.4 percent)3.Construction, extraction, maintenance/repair occupations (7.2 percent) 4.Production, transportation, material moving occupations (6.1 percent)5.Food preparation and serving related occupations (5.7 percent)Davie employment was significantly higher (May 2014) in sales and related occupations, office and administrative support, management, and business and financial operations sectors. Conversely, Davie employment sectors of healthcare support, food preparation and serving related, protective service, and building and grounds cleaning and maintenance are significantly lower than the national averages. In addition to the City of Davie, the South Florida Educational Center (school districts/colleges/universities), and Bankers Healthcare Group, the largest employers in the Davie area include Dragados (heavy construction), Platinum Fundraising and Urban Events (business services),
Resumes are typically submitted online. Always include a cover letter with your resume. Resumes/with cover letters may also be included as an attachment to the employer’s formal job application. The completeness of your resume will determine if you will be invited to interview. It also serves as a post-interview reference for the recruiter, and helps justify the hiring decision. Effective resumes include basic criteria which are focused, well-organized, and which include a keyword summary and skills and accomplishments lists. All resumes must contain your
• Contact information (phone, cell, email)
• Qualifications and Keyword Summary, Licenses and Certifications, Affiliations and Memberships, Military Service, Language Proficiencies, and “References Available Upon Request. ”List all entries chronologically, from the most to least recent. Do not lie about, or exaggerate, the facts. Proofread your resume for typos and misspelled words. DO NOT INCLUDE photos or personal information such as height/weight, age, date/place of birth, marital status, gender, ethnicity, social security number.
Davie, FL job searches can be made easier by:
• Keeping your industry-related skills and knowledge (about local employers and industries) current;
• Enrolling in skills refresher or retraining workshops;
• Keeping up-to-date by reading industry/professional reports and publications and browsing online job banks;
• Networking through online social sites (Linkedin, Facebook, etc. ), community and professional associations, and local job-hunt groups and job fairs websites;
• Circulating your resume (Twitter);
• Including keyword links to your resume, blog, Facebook/Linkedin profile, etc.
• Searching companies/currently open positions online;
• Not limiting your search to job boards. Recruiters also check social media sites (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) for candidates;
• Following-up on leads;
• Keeping your resume, network information, and professional and personal reference lists up-to-date.