Jobs in Daphne, AL
- 112 Resumes
- 4,721 Jobs Available
- 24,395 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
Daphne, Alabama is a modern city of the south that is part of the Mobile area. Since the recession in 2008, Daphne has made great strides with its economy. Home ownership and retail sales continue to grow in this part of the United States. For information about the outlook for jobs in Daphne, read more of what is listed below.
The Mobile, Alabama area is the largest metropolitan area along the Gulf Coast. Industry that is tied closely to the port is thriving in this part of the country. Compared to the U.S. average of 5.3 percent, the unemployment rate in the Daphne area is slightly higher at 5.5 percent. The most jobs are found in the trade, transportation and utilities sector, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Other types of jobs that are numerous in Mobile come from the government sector. An up and coming industry is the information sector, which grew 5 percent from December 2014 to December 2015. The financial sector is also beginning to grow, increasing 2.4 as well. More people in Mobile work as cashiers than any other job type. Two other common types of jobs are retail salespersons and food preparation workers. Compared to the U.S. average weekly salary of $1,048, workers make a little less at $827 per week.
Even though our job climate has mostly evolved to center around the digital landscape, the printed piece of paper, the resume, is still a vital part of the job search process. Secure the best jobs in Daphne by avoiding the common resume mistakes below.
1. Don’t write a generic resume that is too broad in its focus. Sometimes you may be applying to hundreds of jobs. Even though it’s time consuming, it is important to attempt to customize your resume to a position whenever possible.
2. Don’t create a resume that is filled with design mistakes. Mixing different types of fonts, colorful text and a non-standard paper size can get your resume tossed aside.
3. Don’t include a laundry list of duties or responsibilities from your previous work experience. Instead, turn your duties into actual accomplishments and positive skills.
4. Don’t make typos or grammatical errors. It doesn’t take a lot of time to proofread and edit your resume, so to ensure your success don’t skip this step.
5. Don’t include too much information. Most resumes are read very quickly by employers, so keep yours short and simple. Two pages should be the maximum for jobs in Daphne.
If you’re trying to find the best jobs in Daphne, realize that you may need to be patient. Most people know that sometimes, the best things come to those who wait. It is not recommended, however, that you wait idly for the right job. To find the job for you, read the following guidelines.
1. Be proactive and persistent. To show hiring managers that you’re willing to take initiative, start showing your persistence during the hiring process. Don’t give up, and constantly seek information.
2. Be on top of things. Once you’ve found something you’re interested in, continue to follow up. If you don’t hear anything, call the company to find out more information.
3. Be positive. It can be hard if you’re not getting interviews, or if you get close to the perfect job, only to get passed over for a different candidate. Focus on your eventual success at finding jobs in Daphne.
4. Be marketable. Show your future employers why they need to hire you. Demonstrate how you can bring more success to the firm.
5. Be charismatic. Many times, an infectious personality can boost one’s chances of landing the right job. During networking and interviewing, show off your people skills.