Jobs in Danville, IL
- 755,838 Resumes
- 8,431 Jobs Available
- 32,243 Population
- $56,000 Average Salary
Located in Vermillion County and holding the county seat is the city of Danville, IL. This city is 120 miles south of Chicago, and it is home to over 33,000 residents. The city is well known for its beautiful parks and golf courses, which attract visitors from around the state. If you are searching for jobs in Danville, the following details about the economy, job market, prospective salaries, and top jobs will be particularly beneficial throughout your search.
The area of Chicago is north of the city of Danville, and it has experienced economic performance similar to the rest of the country. During 2014 and 2015, the unemployment rate fell from 5.9 percent to 5.4 percent. This figure is now just above the national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. The 2015 data from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that the top performing sectors in the Chicago area were trade, transportation, and utilities, professional and business services, education and health services, government, and leisure and hospitality. The largest occupations in the Danville area include cashiers, stock clerks and order filers, retail salespersons, hand laborers, and food preparation and serving workers. In the Chicago area, the average weekly wage was $1062. This figure is slightly higher than the United States average weekly wage of $1048.
One of the best ways to find jobs in Danville is to create an appealing resume. A good resume will stand out among the competition and help you land interviews. Use the following tips to help you with your resume.
1. Your resume should be easy to read and scan. Bullet points, lists, sections, and bold titles are all helpful features to consider.
2. The top section of your resume should highlight your primary skills and accomplishments. This helps a hiring manager understand the reasons you are right for the job, and it can increase your chances of landing an interview.
3. Work experience should be listed in chronological order, with the most recent job at the top of the section. You can also include volunteer work and other relevant experience in this section.
4. List your contact information including city, state, email address, and phone number. Most templates have a header section at the top of the resume where you can input these details.
5. Be truthful on your resume. Lying to enhance your skillset or experience will not help in the long wrong.
If you are looking for jobs in Danville, it is a good idea to refine your job seeking skills. The following tips will help you throughout your search, so you can increase your chances of success.
1. Network. Attend in person events such as career fairs, business mixers, and social activities. Also, stay in contact with friends, family, and previous co-workers. You should even maintain an active present on social media sites like LinkedIn where you can connect with others and discover new opportunities.
2. Stay positive. It can take time to find a job, and the right motivation and attitude can aid you in your efforts. In particular, make sure to prepare mentally before interviews so you can make a good impression.
3. Create a job-searching plan. Determine what you need to do each day to find success. When you are planning, try to think outside of the box and be creative.
4. Follow up regularly. Consistent follow up is a great way to communicate your interest in a job and ensure that you are on the mind of a prospective employer. You can follow up about an opportunity until you receive a definite “no. ”
5. Know your qualifications and opportunities. There is probably work available in the same field where you previously worked. In addition, you may be able to transfer to another industry.