Jobs in Dania Beach, FL
- 220,961 Resumes
- 11,965 Jobs Available
- 31,117 Population
- $55,000 Average Salary
Dania Beach Florida sits along the Atlantic Coast directly between Hollywood and Fort Lauderdale. According to the 2010 U.S. census, the city is home to approximately 30,000 residents. Dania Beach was once known as The Tomato Capital of the World, but urbanization has changed the landscape. Today, the city claims the title of Antique Capital of the South, but Antique row is not the only place in town with a vibrant resident scene. If you’re relocating to Florida or moving from within the South Florida metro, read on to learn about salary figures, top industries and prospective jobs in Dania Beach.
Dania Beach is served by the Broward County bus system and the Tri-Rail. Its central location makes it an excellent place for commuters, and it serves as the headquarters for several airlines and maritime operations. The unemployment rate in Broward County sits at 5.3 percent, which is directly on par with the nation as a whole. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the trade, transportation and utilities sectors employ the highest number of workers. Likewise, business, health and education services all employ a large portion of residents. Retail salespeople, food preparation workers and customer service agents remain the most common occupations. The average weekly wage of $907 is lower than the national average of $1,048.
Your resume is your sales pitch, so make sure it’s clean, professional and to the point. Here are some suggestions:
1. Be concise. Unless you’re a published researcher, you probably don’t need a lengthy CV for most jobs in Dania Beach. As a general rule of thumb, try to keep your resume under two pages.
2. Be straightforward. Being concise also means clearly stating your objective. Consider adding a summary of your qualifications to give screeners a quick way to assess your candidacy.
3. Be honest. Dishonesty is a risk you can’t afford to take. When you lie about your skills just to get an interview, you’ll have a hard time owning up to those credentials when you’re actually on the job.
4. Be sharp. Use the features in your word processing software. Bullets are great for organizing content, but keep things consistent and don’t go overboard on style.
6. Be descriptive. Use action phrases that convey your skills along with your experiences. Consider words like “spearheaded,” “collaborated,” “restructured” and “maximized. ”
As you begin looking for jobs in Dania Beach, keep in mind that success depends on your ability to research. Consider these five to tips when conducting your search.
1. Network. Start talking to people you know in the area. Inside knowledge is valuable when searching for jobs in Dania Beach. Attend career fairs and be sure to participate in online networking sites.
2. Understand. Learn the area’s major industries. Dania beach is home to airlines and several manufacturers. A company’s headquarters is a great way to find a variety of openings in a variety of fields.
3. Learn. Find out everything you can about each company. Business professionals would do well to learn about company culture. Likewise, if you’re in healthcare, study the labor structure and organization of each hospital or clinic. This knowledge will impress during an interview, and it will definitely help you determine for yourself if you’re a good fit.
4. Be patient. In most cases, job hunting involves a lot of waiting. Be persistent with your efforts, but keep in mind that large companies receive thousands of applications on a regular basis.
5. Follow up. In such a competitive job market, you want to avoid as many mistakes as you can. Don’t assume that the process stops once you complete an application. Be prepared with a brief phone or email follow-up approximately one week after submitting your resume.