- Sales Associate
- Sales Manager
- Sales Representative
- Security Officer
- Senior Accountant
- Senior Business Analyst
- Senior Financial Analyst
- Senior Network Engineer
- Senior Project Manager
- Senior Software Engineer
- Service Technician
- Social Worker
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
- Sous Chef
- Staff Accountant
- Store Manager
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer
Carpenter CV Example
There are few times in your life that you need to stand out more than in a job search. Having a stellar curriculum vitae can be just the thing that helps recruiters and hiring managers choose you for an interview over other candidates. With the help of the carpenter CV example shown below, you can prove to potential employers just what a valuable asset you would be to any company and make them realize that they can’t afford to let you work for anyone else.
Tips for Writing Your Carpenter CV
As seen in our carpenter CV example, carpenters are responsible for constructing, installing, erecting and repairing structures and other fixtures made of wood and other wood-like materials. They do this with the use of hand and electric-powered tools. Carpenters must be prepared to follow blueprints and design schematics in order to build projects according to client specifications. Carpentry is also a form of art that requires a creative mind and the knowledge of how to translate that creativity to a project successfully. Ultimately your goal as a carpenter is to mold wood into anything a client desires. It is important that you highlight your ability to perform these tasks in your CV.
Skills and Knowledge to Include in Your Carpenter CV
There are some specific skills and knowledge that you can include in your CV to help get you noticed. As shown in our carpenter CV example, it is important to start your CV with a strong professional summary. Touch on some of your biggest projects, your responsibilities there and how they turned out. If you are currently in any certification programs, do not be afraid to include them. In your skills section, be sure to mention your knowledge of less common woodworking experience, such as cultural and era-specific finish work. Additionally, you may benefit from detailing the materials and finishes in which your work excels.
Tips for Writing an Excellent CV
As a helpful resource in addition to the carpenter CV example, please consider the following general tips while crafting your carpenter CV:
- Stay away from controversial subjects, such as those having to do with religion or politics.
- Edit your CV at least three times to ensure there are no errors. An employer will not be impressed if the best foot you put forward includes grammatical and spelling errors.
- Don’t be afraid to use concrete metrics when describing your work and accomplishments. If you saved your company money or increased sales, show your impact with real numbers.
- “Hook” hiring managers with your professional summary by including interesting, relevant information that could make you stand out from the crowd.
- List all of your best information in chronological order. This includes work positions as well as most recently completed educational programs.