Jobs in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
- 109,128 Resumes
- 21,647 Jobs Available
- 49,210 Population
- $52,000 Average Salary
Located in Summit County, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, had a population of 49,652 as of the 2010 census. Originally called Manchester, this city was renamed for the waterfalls that are found on the southern boundary of the city. You need to learn more about the economic state of the area as you look for jobs in Cuyahoga Falls. Get information about the job market, the job search process and salary statistics.
The job market in Summit County, like the rest of the United States, is challenging. The national unemployment rate is 5.3 percent, which is slightly less than the county unemployment rate of 5.5 percent. The top performing industries in the area are leisure and hospitality; financial activities; information; education and health services; and trade, transportation and construction. Leisure and hospitality has grown 9.0 percent over the past year. The largest occupations in the area are retail salesperson, combined food preparation and serving worker and cashier. The average weekly wage in Summit County is $893, which is significantly less than the national average weekly salary of $1,048.
You resume is one of the most important tools you can use throughout your job search. Build the bets document that you can by following these tips:
1. As you write your resume, focus on your accomplishments, experience, skills, education and training.
2. Try to tailor your resume to each position that you apply for by including keywords specific to the job in question.
3. Ensure your resume is highly readable by creating headers, using bullet points, incorporating the table tool and keeping your text flushed to the left.
4. Avoid including unnecessary or filler information.
5. Put your experience section in an order that is important to the reader: title of position, name of company, location of company and dates of employment.
In order to find jobs in Cuyahoga Falls, you have to take the right steps during your search. Use these tips to make the entire process a little easier:
1. Gather information. If you really want to be successful, you have to take the time to gather the information you need. The research you do can lead you to what types of jobs you want to apply for, you can learn about new companies and even find out where to look for openings.
2. Use online tools. At a time not so long ago, it used to be that you could just rely on online job posting sites to find opportunities. Today jobseekers and employers alike are using social media, like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, to find the potential that they are looking for. You should still go to job posting sites and company sites, but make sure that you are using your social media in a professional way to make the biggest impact.
3. Grow your network. When you’re looking for jobs in Cuyahoga Falls, you have to turn to your network for some help. They will be able to help you find opportunities, get in touch with potential employers and gather important information. However, you have to make sure to keep growing your network. You should always be looking for people to add to your network, not just when you need something.
4. Develop answers to common interview questions. Most jobseekers know that it is important to practice answering common interview questions. You have to find a way to showcase your information so that employers will remember you. One way you can do that is by developing stories and anecdotes to highlight your skills.
5. Fight of discouragement. The job search can take a long time. A long job search leads to jobseekers feeling blue. You can stave off this discouragement by setting daily and weekly goals for yourself. These goals help keep you focused and positive.