Jobs in Cutler Bay, FL
- 755,838 Resumes
- 1,401 Jobs Available
- 44,321 Population
- $52,000 Average Salary
Sitting along the Atlantic Coast in southern Florida is the city of Cutler Bay, a town of varied notoriety, known for Sabertooth tiger fossils as well as devastating destruction from Hurricane Andrew during the 90’s. Through drastic rebuilding efforts, the town has recovered, and so has the job market. If you’re searching for jobs in Cutler Bay, knowing more about the local market can help you on the way.
The post-hurricane cleanup efforts paved the way for a thriving community with a stable job market. At 5.3%, the unemployment rate is currently equal with that of the rest of the United States, but has been on a downward trend in recent years and could continue to drop below the national average. The top performing industries in the area are trade, transportation and utilities, professional and business services, leisure and hospitality, government and education and health services. Recently, the professional and business services division saw a huge jump in numbers, while the amount of manufacturing positions dropped dramatically. The workforce is fairly evenly distributed, with the largest occupations being retail salespersons, cashiers, food workers, registered nurses and customer service representatives. In addition to a falling unemployment percentage, the area also enjoys a healthy weekly wage with an average of $982. While this number is below the national average, the cost of living in the area is also extremely low.
When your searching for a new job, whether it’s in Cutler Bay or any other area, your resume can have a huge effect on how likely you are to secure an interview. There are several things you can do to improve your chances and impress your prospective employer.
1. Use correct terms. For a winning resume, use action verbs and terms like “experience” instead of “employment. ”
2. Focus on skills and accomplishments. While titles can show leadership, the things you did in your past jobs in Cutler Bay are more likely to propel you forward than the rank you held.
3. Put the most important things first. You only have a few seconds to catch the eye of your prospective employer, so make sure to put your most impressive section at the top.
4. Order the rest in reverse chronological order. Your most recent experience or education should always come first.
5. Focus on accomplishments. List things you did within your previous jobs to show initiative, leadership and team work.
While the job market is growing and more jobs are becoming available all the time, there are several things you can do to ensure you have a successful job hunt. Here are a just a few of the most important ones.
1. Determine a plan of action. If you know what you’ll do in certain situations, you’ll have much less stress when problems arrive and require less time to decide what your next move will be.
2. Decide on a goal. Are you looking for anything that delivers a paycheck or will you continue to search until you find your dream job? This end goal will influence what aspects of your plan of action will be.
3. Consider side work. If you are going to continue hunting till you find the perfect job, consider taking side jobs to supply income during the meantime. Not only will it help you polish your skills, it may build new connections.
4. Use your network. One of the best ways to find jobs in Cutler Bay is through the people you know, whether professionally or in other areas of life.
5. Expand your search. Don’t limit yourself to internet searches where there are jobs listed that everyone can see; instead, go into companies you’d like to work for and talk to their hiring managers about available positions.