Jobs in Cudahy, CA
- 47 Resumes
- 61,698 Jobs Available
- 24,291 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
One of the smallest cities in Los Angeles County is also one of the most densely populated. Cudahy, California, covers just over 1 square mile of land, but is home to 23,805 residents, as of the 2010 census. Despite its small size, Cudahy is a hub of residential activity and contains many plants and headquarters for a number of major corporations, such as Kmart and the Superior Super Warehouse. Those who are interested in learning more about the economic climate of the region and finding jobs in Cudahy will likely be interested in the following information on average wages in the area, top occupations in Los Angeles County and the major employing industries.
Densely packed Cudahy enjoys the benefits of a very central location and a continuously booming job market. The unemployment rate in Los Angeles County is 5.8 percent, which is slightly higher than the national average unemployment rate, which is 5.3 percent. Trade, transportation and utilities is the number one employing industry in the area, followed by education and health services and then professional and business services. Government, which grew by nearly 2 percent between 2014 and 2015, ranks in fourth place, and leisure and hospitality ranks in fifth place. Retail salespersons, office clerks and cashiers are the top jobs in Cudahy. Although the national average weekly wage is $1,048, the average weekly wage in Cudahy is $1,058.
Regardless of whether your industry is focused on transportation or taxes, healthcare or the humanities, a resume is your number one way of making a good impression on a hiring manager. Keep the following guidelines in mind, whether creating, updating or tweaking your resume.
1. Avoid making the mistake of emphasizing your past professional duties rather than your accomplishments. Highlight your ability to make money, save money, attract clients, be more competitive and establish working relationships.
2. Use the situation, action and results model when describing your achievements. Detail the nature of a problem, what you did to resolve it and what the consequences were.
3. Ensure that educational experience is listed in the following order: name of degree in name of major, name of university, city/state, year of graduation, minor and GPA.
4. Organize your resume using bullet points. Make sure that you carry these consistently throughout the document.
5. Make sure the skills demanded by the job at hand are included early on in your resume, ideally in the top one-third of the page.
Although no one thing can make your search for jobs in Cudahy an effortless breeze, there are practical and proven steps that you can take to make your job hunt as easy as possible. Here are a few of these tips from the experts.
1. Tune into your innermost career desires, determining what it is you are searching for in a career and how you can best achieve that. You can then use these end goals to make a comprehensive plan for your job search.
2. Create a personal blog or website that establishes you as a leader in your field and someone with expertise and confidence. Aim to attract other industry leaders and professionals who are relevant in your field.
3. Shift your long-term job mindset to be open to project-based work or temporary freelancing work. Opportunities like these may just lead to more permanent positions down the road.
4. Focus on maintaining an attitude of hope, determination and persistence throughout your job search. Be prepared to keep this mindset up for as long as your job hunt lasts.
5. Reach out to your local American Job Center or career hub to see what resources are available to you as a job candidate. Joining a job seeker’s support group may offer encouragement, job leads and connections to influential people in your area.