A cover letter is your chance to make a connection with hiring managers and entice them to read your resume. If you don’t impress, you may get passed over. Give yourself a better chance at success by looking over the journeymen concrete form setters and finishers cover letter example and the following do’s and don’ts.
- Do make sure to tailor your cover letter to the job description. Find key requirements in the job description and explain how you fulfill them.
- Don’t use one cover letter for every job you apply for. Customize each cover letter to each job. The example could likely be used for any similar job. He could have added in a mention of the company to which he is applying and shown he specifically fits their needs.
- Do proofread. In the example, the third line has the word COncrete.” While this is a small error, it does take away from the polished overall look.
- Don’t include fluff. Be specific and detailed. Make sure you aren’t just using generic terms and phrases. The cover letter example could have benefited from adding in some specifics to back up his claims.
Journeymen Concrete Form Setters And Finishers Advice
Journeyman concrete form setters and finishers are needed for a variety of construction projects, and with the right experience and the right cover letter, you’ll be much more likely to get hired. These cover letter examples have been designed to help you build the strong cover letter you’ll need to help get your career going. Journeyman concrete form setters and finishers jobs are available now–make sure you’re ready with the right cover letter!
Cover Letter Tips for Journeymen Concrete Form Setters And Finishers
Finding jobs in the Construction area requires research and a positive attitude. With some careful planning, candidates who are more prepared usually have a better chance at getting hired. These tips can help you reach your employment goals in any market.
1. Dress professionally when you appear in person to apply for jobs, not just when you go for the interview. The person giving you the application might have some say-so as to whether or not you are eventually hired.
2. Your cover letter is generally the first impression an employer will get of you. No matter what kind of job you’re going for, make sure it’s error-free. This applies to punctuation as well as grammar and spelling.
3. Be sure to set your social media profiles to private” except for LinkedIn. As long as only your friends and family can see what you post on the internet, you won’t have to worry about what a potential boss might see before they even call you for an interview.
4. Network as much as possible, in person and online. Ask your friends and family about possible job opportunities. Connect with groups on LinkedIn and join discussions.
5. Always take a pen and paper to an interview. Write down pertinent points and any questions you think of while you are being interviewed, but be sure to pay close attention when someone is speaking.
Journeymen Concrete Form Setters And Finishers Job Seeking Tips
When it comes to hunting for jobs in the Journeymen Concrete Form Setters And Finishers area, you will need a well-written and error-free cover letter. Show your potential employers that you are the best candidate for the job and grab their attention with a cover letter that looks great and shows off your talents with these helpful tips.
1. Use bullet lists to outline your qualifications. When writing, always use concise sentences to make your cover letter short yet easy to read. Be sure to customize it to each job you’re applying for, if you have time. This shows the employer that you put in the extra work. An added benefit is that your skills will match their criteria.
2. Before you fill out your past job experience, do some research. Look up action words for cover letters. ” These phrases give your cover letter a more dynamic feel and more interest.
3. Try not to use a hard-to-read font on your cover letter. Comic Sans is not suggested, either, as it isn’t designed to be professional. Times New Roman, Calibri or Garamond are better choices.
4. At an interview, be sure to ask pertinent questions like the company’s current plans to grow and what they are doing to make that growth happen.
5. Be sure to practice your answer to common interview questions like, Why do you want to work for us?” These questions can trip you up if you’re not ready for them. Being prepared can improve your chances of landing a great job.